Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Free Coffee at Java Brewing

no avatar
User

Pam G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:19 pm

Downtown days/Northeast nights

Free Coffee at Java Brewing

by Pam G » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:46 am

There was an ad with the 4/13/07 Business First for Central Bank. I was wrapped around the paper. The ad states that you can get free coffee at the downtown locations of Java Brewing. You have to ask for the Central Bank Blend.

Java Brewing Company
This week, 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.

Free coffee at their downtown locations:
462 4th Street in Meidinger Tower
516 West Main
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

The bean scene

by Matthew Landan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:10 pm

Interesting article in today's CJ about barista traing and coffee cupping in Seattle.

Once again the left coast is leading the coffee revolution.
Time for us in Louisville to step up to the plate!

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbc ... /704160328
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

David Lange

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:11 am

Louisville

We have stepped up to the plate!!!

by David Lange » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:48 pm

Matthew, I appreciate your passion for coffee and your desire for training for baristas, but Consumers Choice Coffee does offer training for wannabe baristas in Louisville and the surrounding area.

Consumers Choice Coffee offers classes trained by not one, not two, but THREE master baristas!! Consumers Choice Coffee offers classes on coffee background, barista training and Gold Cup certification. We have developed more Gold Cup recepients than any other coffee company in the United States. In fact 2 of our baristas taught the Beginning Espresso, Intermediate Espresso, and Advanced Espresso classes at the Specialty Coffee Association of America conference in Charlotte last April. And we served as judges at the national Barista Championship. We were asked to do the same this year in Long Beach, but the conference is the same week as Derby Week. Just can't get away!!

So if anyone is interested to learn more about coffee or to fine tune your barista skills, e-mail me and I'll share the detals.

So Louisville is stepping up to the plate and we are ready to slam some home runs.
David Lange
" Life's too short to drink bad coffee"
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

Nice !

by Matthew Landan » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:11 pm

Glad to hear from you again David.
I had no idea you guys were doing trainings.
I think it's time to pull together all the coffee professionals here in Louisville to see how we can develop and inspire people about coffee.

Maybe a Louisville coffee retailers association?
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:15 pm

Maybe StarBucks has started a trend in town...Free Coffee Day.... :D
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

by Holly C » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:57 pm

I was near the 4th St. Java Brewing Co today so I stopped in for a free coffee. I spied that they were advertising the deal on one side of their sidewalk sandwich board, but that side was up against the exterior wall, not facing pedestrian traffic. So I walked in and in a friendly way said, "Hi, I understand you're doing free coffee?" and the woman behind the counter answered, "No, we're not DOING free coffee; if you're from Central Bank we have free Central Bank coffee mugs, and we'll fill it with coffee for free."

I responded confusedly, "So, isn't that free coffee?" and was again met with the phrase, "If you're from Central Bank," so I responded, "Well, I saw the ad that said..." and was cut off with a curt "OK" and offered free coffee in a Central Bank mug.

Whew! I have no idea what it means to be "from" Central Bank (employee? a just-arrived customer?), but you definitely need to mention the magic words "the ad" to get the deal! I didn't think my slang use of the verb "do" would cause me so much trouble :)

On the downside, it's a travel-size coffee mug, which is twice as much coffee as I usually ever drink, and since I had it in front of me, I drank most of it before I realized what I was doing, so now I'm WIRED with a headache. I was going to try Derby City Espresso's free cup as well today, but I think that has to wait until tomorrow!