Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

What restaurants are open?

no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:07 pm

East End

Re: What restaurants are open?

by MollyCooley » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 am

In regards to Leah's question...Caffe Perusa has been offering a 3 course meal for $25 offer Monday-Wednesdays...not sure if that is being extended this week due to the extenuating circumstances of the storm...
no avatar
User

Leslie Stewart

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 02, 2008 4:24 pm

by Leslie Stewart » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:59 pm

Cafe Metro and Uptown Cafe are apparently open as of tonight . . . :D
no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

East End

by MollyCooley » Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:13 pm

Cafe Lou Lou's will be back up on Friday for lunch!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Just did a pass through St. Matthews. Seafood Connection is open, and Gilman's Pointe (former Rick's) appears open and crowded at midafternoon. Stan's Fish Sandwich is open, and The Fishery appears open. Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen appears open.

On the way downtown this morning we took a run past Cake Flour, and it was dark. :(

But the Puerto Vallarta in the Quartermaster Court complex over in Jeff was open and crowded (and in my opinion, it's one of the best of its genre (the large, Anglo-friendly real Mexican spots like Tarasco, Aztecas and Nopal/Nopalito). We didn't get over to Mai's, but everything along 10th Street as far out as we went looked functional.
no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

East End

by MollyCooley » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:47 pm

The Cafe on Brent is back up and running for breakfast and lunch!
no avatar
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:51 pm

I want to apologize about my last reply. As most know from this forum, I am a very emotional man. I was reacting to the stress of the storm, both at work and home, where I still do not have power. I have been encouraged by the ever growing, although late coming, reservations for this weekend. We are always looking to increase business at both locations, and we are committed to the challenge of finding new ways to draw customers to Goose Creek, including our monthly Latin American Wine Dinners and Seviche Sunday. I knew before opening here it was going to be difficult to be vanguard of good restaurants in this area, and I look forward to continuing to meet the challenge. I am grateful for the support from the community and look forward to seeing you all in the near future. Both locations will remain open for years to come!

As always, buen provecho y muchas gracias!
no avatar
User

Scott Schamel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:02 am

Louisville, KY

by Scott Schamel » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:58 pm

We were one of the lucky ones at The Bluegrass Bistro that did not lose power during last weeks ordeal. And a big thanks to all of my patrons who wanted a break from everything that was going on and came in for a great lunch and a relaxing day of shopping fine antiques.
If you keep looking back, you will miss what's ahead....
no avatar
User

Jess T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:29 pm

by Jess T » Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 am

Finally got power last night. The bright light at the end of a very long tunnel (almost 8 days) is my reaffirmation of the quality restaurants (of all price ranges) this town has. Bravo Louisville!
Previous