Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

What restaurants are open?

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: What restaurants are open?

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:56 am

christopher stockton wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Say! Later on, could I drop by and borrow an electrical outlet for an hour or so? :) I'm thinking recharge ...

You would be the third charge today Robin..... course you can mate.

Excellent!! I just tried to call you, but AT&T's EDGE network is screwed up as well - I keep shifting from 1 bar to No Service, and I couldn't talk to you.

Maybe, if it's okay, a little later on Mary and I will bring by both our portables and cells - and a light bar so we'll need only one plug - and accept your hospitality for an hour or so while we catch up on old New Yorkers and buy some splendid coffee drinks. :)
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:59 am

[quote="Jess T"]We live in Crescent Hill on Birchwood and could literally not find anything for dinner last night. ... I'm hearing that Crescent Hill area may be without power for several days./quote]
Hey, neighbor! North or South Birchwood? We're just a block west of you. :)

No good answers, I'm afraid, and I HATE to hear that Red Pepper is closed by the outage. :P I wonder if Doll's will get restocked today. We're also down to one-third of a tank of gas, and that's a whole nuther story.
no avatar
User

Jess T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:29 pm

by Jess T » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:05 pm

We are on the North side. It feels like we are in a war zone or something. I am generally a resourceful person. I mean- come on- McDonald's is always open. And it was. You just couldn't get anything to eat there. This morning, my usual ten minute commute turned into 50 because I was literally caught in the McDonad's traffic on Brownsboro Rd. The line was into the road both ways. I was stopped about 20 minutes. Traffic lights downtown are still currently out. An actual stoplight flew into the window of the building I work in. Ugh.

My fiance and I both filled up on Friday out of fear of this. But I'm not sure what happens when we run out of gas either. Its crazy to think how much time we spent trying to get food last night and came up empty handed.
no avatar
User

Andrea E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:15 pm

La Grange, KY

by Andrea E » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:07 pm

La Grange is up and running if anyone feels like taking a drive :D We are thrilled to have power, thought it would be days.
Q&A Sweet Treats Bakery & Dessert Cafe
211 South First Street
La Grange, KY 40031
502-265-0550
www.qasweettreats.com
no avatar
User

MikeG

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:22 pm

Twin Cities, MN

by MikeG » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:13 pm

Impelizzeri's in the Highland's was open last night and we had our meal there. I would imagine they are still open today.
I am the original Mike G, never mind the impostor.

I am kind of a big deal.
no avatar
User

Tony I

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:36 pm

New Albany

by Tony I » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:29 pm

Tony Impellizzeri's is open at Hurstbourne & Shelbyville rd normal hours.
Tony Impellizzeri's
5170 Charlestown Rd.
New Albany, In.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:41 pm

Jess T wrote:We live in Crescent Hill on Birchwood and could literally not find anything for dinner last night. Everything in our fridge- which is brand spanking new- ruined within three hours. We barely found ice. Dolls was open but had no meat of any kind to grill. The Kroger on lower brownsboro in Crescent Hill was closed. All the Frankfort ave restaurants around us are closed. We did hear at 11 pm that Clifton has power. We also heard (a rumor) that beer depot had power. It did not. We drove up Frankfort towards Shelbyville Road. Everything was closed up until the mall area. We stopped in to go to Arbys. As we approached the door, they came out to say they ran out of food. The McDonalds and Taco Bell close by both had what looked like an hour wait. As did Outback. We forgot to check whole foods.

I guess the point of this- is I don't love fast food, but I'm hearing that Crescent Hill area may be without power for several days. What should we eat? I'm thinking of picking up take out from downtown, which is where I work. But most of the restaurants around here are closed at 4. I'm assuming the lines are going to be long everywhere.

Oh and both Red Pepper and Simply Thai were closed. My go tos for take out!

Walmart Grocery is open, though Kroger on Hubbards is not.
no avatar
User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

by Matthew Landan » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:00 pm

DCE and most downtown businesses are open...
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
no avatar
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:21 pm

All restaurants at the Dutchmans/Breckinridge quadrant were open last night. I'm assuming they all are today as well. Be warned though - they were all on extremely long waits. We opted for Q-Doba and even that had a line out the door.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:26 pm

Both my house (in Old Louisville) and my place of employment (UofL) have electricity, so I feel (and know) that I am one of the lucky ones. The car is on "E" - my fault entirely - but I'm not going to complain. I could go a week on "E."

I must have missed something, but I was up Sunday morning from 2-8am and did not see any major notices about this coming. I read the entirety of the interwebs while nursing a nasty head cold and didn't notice much warning. I was actually at the Heine Brothers on Frankfort between noon and 1. Lots of wind, but little idea of what was to come. Driving from Lyndon to Old Louisville around 2 proved to be quite interesting. Just shows the unpredictable nature of weather.

My girlfriend reports that the Lyndon area is completely shut down.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:39 pm

We were in Lyndon last night and Westport Village was open and hopping, as were the liquor store, Pizza Guy, Joe's Old as Dirt and the Walgreens. Funny though - the BP and Thornton's were closed.
no avatar
User

Dean Corbett

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm

by Dean Corbett » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Hi Folks,

Corbett's is open as usual for lunch and dinner and unfortunately Equus and Jack's are down without power, best of luck to all...what a mess
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:58 pm

The last I checked the Highlands around lunchtime, everything in the Original Highlands up to Mid City Mall was closed. Molly Malone's was the only place open in the Original Highlands Baxter Avenue stretch. I had lunch at City Cafe in Mid City Mall which was packed.
no avatar
User

Barb Freda

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:28 pm

Weston, FL

by Barb Freda » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:32 pm

Hey, all just thinking of you and hoping you and your loved ones are safe and sound. I had no idea it got so bad.

As it stands, just over a week ago, I was getting ready to evacuate my home here in South Florida as Ike was on a dead on course for us. I would have headed to Louisville for a bit of rest and relaxation. Ike slipped past us, but didn't spare a thing in its wake, Louisville included. I'm guessing most of you don't stock extra water and food for hurricane season...who would in KY???? Hope all the roads are cleared soon and that life quickly returns to normal.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:57 pm

Just took a stroll through the hood. The restaurants on north side of St Matthews open...Asahi sushi place, Pie Kitchen and Stan's Seafood. Lotsa Pasta had their door open, but it didn't look like they were serving...I may be wrong. Rainbow Blossom, Simply Thai, Fishery closed.
PreviousNext