Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Gena W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 pm

Re: What restaurants are open?

by Gena W. » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:00 pm

Come Back Inn (Lou.) will re-open today at 4:30. Power was restored at about 6pm last night.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:17 pm

Anthony Lamas wrote:if it does'nt pick up, I might have to throw in the towel. I'm very dissapointed!

Hang in there, Anthony ... you do great work, and sooner or later even the Don Pablo's crowd might start figuring it out!

As for the last couple of days, I think a LOT of people are still afraid to go out ... nervous about traffic signals that won't work, trees still down over side roads, maybe even, in the McMansion tracts anyway, nervous about leaving home if the burglar alarms aren't working. :P
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

by Laura B » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:28 pm

Since I haven't seen anything on this thread about Cafe Lou Lou, I thought I'd let everyone know that my husband and daughter tried to go there today (9/17) for lunch and it was dark with chairs on the tables. :( They said the other businesses in the little strip were also dark. Hope they get their power back soon.
When in doubt, add more wine.
no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:07 pm

East End

by MollyCooley » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:29 pm

If you go to http://www.opentable.com, you can see who is open...looks like about half of them are online and open for business...I know for sure that North End Cafe is up and running as I just got off of the phone with the owner.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

by Matthew D » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:29 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Anthony Lamas wrote:if it does'nt pick up, I might have to throw in the towel. I'm very dissapointed!

Hang in there, Anthony ... you do great work, and sooner or later even the Don Pablo's crowd might start figuring it out!

I was in the far East End last night (I go that way rarely, and then only as far as Lyndon), and man, I had not realized the number of chain places out there. Now I can see how it is tough for a local, upscale to make it. It's not just that the market is oversaturated, but that this oversaturation makes it is easy to not notice when a very special place moves into the neighborhood.

Only discerning people really notice such changes. Unfortunately, most people just think "oh, another restaurant." And wow, not to beat a dead horse, but there alot of those out in the East End! Robin's "Don" comment is sad, but true. I'm just not sold that some/most people will ever come around.

Regardless, best of luck to you Anthony.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Seviche not showing up on Open Table

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:15 pm

MollyCooley wrote:If you go to http://www.opentable.com, you can see who is open...looks like about half of them are online and open for business...I know for sure that North End Cafe is up and running as I just got off of the phone with the owner.

Neither Seviche is showing up on that list, Molly. That seems odd. Maybe there are problems with the list related to the storm? Anthony, I wonder that could explain at least part of your low-traffic issues?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Equus and Jack's reopen tonight!

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:45 pm

Heard from Deano, indirectly, that Equus and Jack's will be open tonight, serving "a limited menu" from 4 until 9 p.m. If you haven't made plans for dinner, this could be a great way to solve that problem and welcome them back. This has been a tough week for the local restaurant industry, and we can help by getting out there and scarfing up some local, independent chow!
no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

East End

by MollyCooley » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Neither Seviche is showing up on that list, Molly. That seems odd. Maybe there are problems with the list related to the storm? Anthony, I wonder that could explain at least part of your low-traffic issues?

Hi Robin,

I have been checking all of the restaurants in Louisville (as well as Cincinnati/Dayton as they got the visit from Ike as well) and all OpenTable partners are on the list. I went through and checked each one individually to see if they were showing 'Temporarily Offline' or were up for taking reservations. Seviche is currently not a partner on OpenTable but they are surely more than welcome to join! There have actually been quite a few requests for both of their locations to be listed on the site. I'm glad to hear that Eqqus will be back up...I was showing they were down this morning. Hopefully, this means that Cafe Lou Lou will be back as well given their proximity to Eqqus....I could sure use some shrimp and grits comfort food about now!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:04 pm

MollyCooley wrote:Neither Seviche is showing up on that list, Molly. That seems odd. Maybe there are problems with the list related to the Seviche is currently not a partner on OpenTable but they are surely more than welcome to join!

Wow! I'm really surprised to hear that. Open Table seems like a NATURAL for the Seviches.

I love Open Table and have found it an extremely effective way to check and make reservations faster than using the phone (and you can do it in off hours). (And in case anybody's wondering, I use either my wife's Email - she has a different last name - or friends' name and Email with permission, so the restaurant doesn't know that Mr. Critic is on his way to dinner. :) )
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Equus and Jack's reopen tonight!

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:14 pm

This is kind of cool ... I'm now informed that Deano still doesn't have any electricity, but is using generators and doing a lot of grilling out in front. Picnic time at Equus! If I didn't already have another dining plan for this evening, I would be so THERE.
no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

East End

by MollyCooley » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:41 pm

Now we know Robin's secret! Well, not the whole secret...we don't know your wife's last name or which friend you are 'impersonating' that night!
For those of you who are still hungry and looking...here is what I am showing up, running, available, and ready for you to show up hungry:

Asiatique
Avalon
Baxter Station
BLU
Corbett's
Equus (although not showing availability...we've heard it from Robin who heard it from Deano...Parking lot Picnic!)
Jarfi's
Limestone
Morton's (I know it's a chain...but's it's showing availabilty)
North End Cafe
Palermo Viejo
Primo
Volare
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:41 pm

MollyCooley wrote: Hopefully, this means that Cafe Lou Lou will be back as well given their proximity to Eqqus....I could sure use some shrimp and grits comfort food about now!

Me too! Sadly, though, I just talked to Marsha, who said Lou Lou is still without power. She couldn't speak for Clay, but assumes that they'll come back online whenever the 'lectric comes back.
User

Bert Baker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:57 pm

by Bert Baker » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:01 pm

Caffe Perusa is open. We have been open since Monday, as we have a generator built in to the place. Fortunately for us there is a nursing home nearby on our power grid, so our power was restored early on Monday. Not the same for my house in Bon Air. As I am typing this, my electricity is being provided by a brand new generator which I found at the Tractor Supply in Shelbyville. I know the Manager there, a guy named Irvin, who was kind enough to hold the doors open past his 8 pm closing time as i left Louisville at 7:45 p.m. tonight! Irvin, YOU ROCK!
So please come see us at Caffe Perusa. We Are rolling out a Fall menu this weekend and would LOVE the opportunity to serve the gracious Louisville Dining Public!
Also, we have a fairly new website, as well. With the moderator's permission, here it is: http://www.caffeperusa.com/
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:38 am

Isn't there a standing special? Multi courses for a fixed price? I didn't see it on the menu.
no avatar
User

Jeff Gillenwater

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:07 pm

by Jeff Gillenwater » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:02 am

As of yesterday evening, NABC is open and it's a darn good thing. Storm damage + no beer = poor social conditions.
PreviousNext