Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

What restaurants are open?

no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

What restaurants are open?

by MarieP » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:36 am

Obviously this info will have to be passed on to those without power or without cool iphones like Robin, but I thought it would be helpful to have a list of places that are serving food.
no avatar
User

Rob Summers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Re: What restaurants are open?

by Rob Summers » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:48 am

on the drive to work up hurtbourne the only restaurant I saw with power was Panera bread.

visual confirmation at 830am no power

Mcdonalds at Lynn Station
Amerigo (Barnes and noble was dark)
the GFS had no power but lowes did, so bonefish is up in the air
MIMI's Cafe no cars in parking lot

the Suntan City had power so I imagine the papa johns had power
Starbucks at hurst and shelbyville was open

Shiraz wasnt open but their electric seemed to be on (scrolling sign in window)

the McDonalds on Ormsby station and Hurstbourne was beyond packed, and the applebee's has power.

thats my drive to work, hope this helps people.
The 'net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it.
~William Gibson
no avatar
User

Justin Gilbert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:12 am

Re: What restaurants are open? Gelato Gilberto

by Justin Gilbert » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:12 am

Gelato Gilberto is open! We suffered an 8-hour power loss yesterday and lost existing inventory, but have had power since last night and therefore will have at 8 to 10 options available later today. Hot coffee and scones available now. Please feel free to stop in, juice up your phone or catch on your e-mail--gelato purchase not required! We feel more than fortunate to have power restored and are mindful of those who continue to face these conditions. We hope we can offer some sort of respite. If so, please stop in...
Justin Gilbert
co-owner
Gelato Gilberto
justin@gelatogilberto.com
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 am

Posting from home on my ThinkPad, which has about two hours of batteries left, d'oh!

Everything on Frankfort from Peterson out is closed, including Heine Bros., but it appears that Frankfort going IN from there (Walgreen's) has power.

A sign on the door at Heine Bros. says all their shops on Bardstown Road are OPEN.
no avatar
User

Emilie Knieriem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 02, 2007 4:55 pm

St. Matthews

by Emilie Knieriem » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 am

Lucky for us, 60 West Bistro & Martini Bar's electricity just came back on this morning! We are going to be up and running for our regular business hours. I hope that power gets restored for everyone else, I know that it is a scary situation to possibly lose tons of inventory! That is just an added cost to go along with this downhill economy that we are all trying to deal with! If you are in the St. Matthews area, we will be open for lunch and dinner!
Emilie Knieriem
60 West Bistro & Martini Bar
3939 Shelbyville Rd.
Louisville, KY 40207
www.60westbistro.com
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:16 am

Dang, dialup is way slow! I'm thinking I'll drive over to one of the Bardstown Heine's later on and see if they'll let me recharge my portable and my phone there.

Right now I'm recharging the iPhone by USB from the portable, robbing the portable's battery to load the phone. Yuk!
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:21 am

Both Hanabi & The Bristol in Prospect are part of the Kroger complex that is on generator power and were open last night. Walgreens in Prospect also was on generator. Everything else was dead. We ate a late dinner at Hanabi and they said thay were turning them away at rush as they were full and short staffed. Dinner was very good and that will probably be our spot all week (if I go home). :D
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:23 pm

by christopher stockton » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:22 am

Jackon's Organic is open if you need a cup of coffee.

We lost power for around 8 hours too but I was able to roast through the night.

Hang in there Louisville

C~
"It's crazy good sandwiches"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:29 am

christopher stockton wrote:Jackon's Organic is open if you need a cup of coffee.

Hang in there Louisville

C~

Say! Later on, could I drop by and borrow an electrical outlet for an hour or so? :) I'm thinking recharge ...
no avatar
User

Tony P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:32 am

by Tony P. » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:32 am

Boombozz Springhurst and Taylorsville Rd is open. St. matts location shoul be open by afternoon soon as dough is proofed
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:41 am

Frankfort Ave. North of the railroad tracks is out, and Market street east of Hancock (or thereabouts) is out.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:50 am

Over here in New Albany, we're probably down for the day. The power's been out at NABC since yesterday, and we can't restock food until tomorrow. Downtown NA absorbed damage, but I think the electricity's back on, so maybe some of the downtown spots will be open ... but I don't know how much they lost during the down time. Obviously I'd recommend calling before making the drive.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:57 am

Just called to check....Cunningham's Downtown is open today. Thinking about running down there in a bit for a burger.
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

christopher stockton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:23 pm

by christopher stockton » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 am

Robin Garr wrote:
christopher stockton wrote:Jackon's Organic is open if you need a cup of coffee.

Hang in there Louisville

C~

Say! Later on, could I drop by and borrow an electrical outlet for an hour or so? :) I'm thinking recharge ...

You would be the third charge today Robin..... course you can mate.
"It's crazy good sandwiches"
no avatar
User

Jess T

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:29 pm

by Jess T » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:54 am

We live in Crescent Hill on Birchwood and could literally not find anything for dinner last night. Everything in our fridge- which is brand spanking new- ruined within three hours. We barely found ice. Dolls was open but had no meat of any kind to grill. The Kroger on lower brownsboro in Crescent Hill was closed. All the Frankfort ave restaurants around us are closed. We did hear at 11 pm that Clifton has power. We also heard (a rumor) that beer depot had power. It did not. We drove up Frankfort towards Shelbyville Road. Everything was closed up until the mall area. We stopped in to go to Arbys. As we approached the door, they came out to say they ran out of food. The McDonalds and Taco Bell close by both had what looked like an hour wait. As did Outback. We forgot to check whole foods.

I guess the point of this- is I don't love fast food, but I'm hearing that Crescent Hill area may be without power for several days. What should we eat? I'm thinking of picking up take out from downtown, which is where I work. But most of the restaurants around here are closed at 4. I'm assuming the lines are going to be long everywhere.

Oh and both Red Pepper and Simply Thai were closed. My go tos for take out!
Next