Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cutters Wharf

no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

Cutters Wharf

by Caroline K » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:37 pm

WE just got back from a super lunch at Cutters. We felt like we were on vacaction in Folly Beach SC. Our waiter was so wonderful as well as the other girls that were bartending and waiting tables. We had an app platter and had some of the best wings ever-very meaty and their own secret hot sauce ROCKED! Our waiter even gave me a container of the hot sauce to go! Had the fish sandwich was so tender and white with some different herbs in the batter which I could not detect but so YUMMY!!!! We met the folks sitting at the table next to us who live in one of the HUGE houses that surround the dock...I was amazed with the development of the land and it was just so peaceful. The menu was very eclectic and we will be back for a drink at the outdoor bar and some more food once it is cooler outside. This was such a great spot and highly recommend a visit! :D
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Re: Cutters Wharf

by Doogy R » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:53 pm

I am jealous. I am meeting some people at Martini's. I wonder if it's too late to call them and change the plans. :D

Seriously, thanks for the report. I love places on the river and anyplace that has wings as you described is a winner in my book.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:42 pm

Would you characterize them as family friendly, Caroline? We live just around the corner but have hesitated on going because the last 2 places in that space were.........eh, not really comfortable in the karma department for us. More drinking than dining.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm

HI Ed! I would say yes to family friendly-I had my 7 year old daughter with us who loved eating right on the water and the kids menu has a wide selection-even a kids lasagna! I am looking forward to bringing my Mom as well next time. The decor is nothing to write home about --very simple. Again, the staff were very friendly and kept coming over to talk to us and make sure all was OK. The other two tables were a group of folks in their mid-60's and then the couple we spoke with were probably in their 60's as well. There were two men at the outside bar and two boats that were docked with teenagers having fun. I think a fall day will be perfect for sitting outside on the docks and enjoying some good grub and a beer or two. The beer list is OK, but has no local craft beers...all in all very good and family friendly!
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:29 pm

Also, Doogy, I noticed in other posts that you love a good wing as I do and I must say these were probably some of the best I have had. The sauce is really AMAZING and wanted to put it on everything since I am hot sauce fan. They also featured chicken meatballs on the app platter we had which were delicious as well and it was served with three different sauces for dipping-you gotta love that!!! They also have a nice side selection!
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:09 pm

Caroline,

Sounds fun. So where exactly is it?

Thanks,
Deb
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:51 pm

HI Deb!
I am not so good with directions-we went straight out Brownsboro Road and took a right on Rose Island Road. Follow that all the way down to the first stop sign (maybe 4-5 miles) and take a left on 1793 then you take your first right on Victory-you will see huges homes and very nice condo's. Follow that to the left and you will see the parking lot and then walk over the walkway to the Wharf-it really is a cool spot!
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:37 pm

Isn't it where Heather's on the River used to be? If so, I know exactly where it is. I spent many a youthful day upon that part of the river b4 the developers came in.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:20 am

Doogy R wrote:Isn't it where Heather's on the River used to be?

That's it ... or, in its time, The Famous Dog. :)
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:47 am

Yes Doogy-the girl which answered the phone when asking directions said it was the space of the old Heathers...
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:55 am

Caroline K wrote:HI Deb!
I am not so good with directions-we went straight out Brownsboro Road and took a right on Rose Island Road.

That would be a LEFT on Rose Island, wouldn't it? "The other right"?
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:24 am

WE took a left when coming from St. matthews area down Brownsboro Road...
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:28 am

Couple of months ago I rode bikes to the Cutter's Wharf and I loved it. Totally on the water and quiet aside from the music flowing out of the subtle stereo system. Food quality was just as you would expect from the menu it was printed on - spot on yummy and refueled my excercise program. And I did have the wings, which were delish.

I couldn't believe how curvy Rose Island Road was - worthwhile destination if only for the tour. I haven't been back, but I've thought alot about it ever since.
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:58 pm

I'm not getting any answer on their phone- and hoping to go there with kids tonight. Anybody know if they have power?

Thanks,
Deb
User

Anthony U

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:36 am

Louisville - East

by Anthony U » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:34 am

Tried to go Sunday, many down power lines and trees, making the road out barely passable. Many folks out there were still without power as of Sunday at noon.