Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

DCE NEW HOURS of operation

User

Matthew Landan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:17 pm

331 East Market Street

DCE NEW HOURS of operation

by Matthew Landan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:20 pm

That's right folks... NEW HOURS ARE M-F 11am - 10pm / Saturday 11am - 4pm

DCe has never done too much early morning business and I don't see much potential for morning traffic growth so I have decided to stop opening at 8am.
Now DCE will open at 11 Monday - Saturday. I have been very fortunate to be able to run DCE as a lifestyle business and I know my regulars understand that we are not trying to be your average coffee shop. We are a strange kind of hybrid cafe/bar/house and we have a unique charm and niche. Over these last 18 months I have fiddled with the opening hours and style of business that I want to run. The facts are DCE is only profitable because I have no payroll. East Market St. is developing much more slowly then I or anyone else expected (RE: Primo & Market on Market closing). There just isn't enought morning traffic & business to continue to justify getting up so damn early! Instead I'm going to be taking a steam and sauna over at the YMCA.
We have become very successful in the afternoon as both an after-lunch coffee stop and afterwork lounge & beer stop. We have also seen a lot of enthusiasm for our lineup of concerts, political events and art shows... So in the comming months I will be working hard to make sure that we have some kind of entertainment at least 4 nights a week.

Now I know most of you don't visit with me in the mornings, a few of you do and I really hope you will still come in after lunch once in a while.
Thanks for all the support over the last 18 months and here's to the next 18!

Derby City Espresso
standing strong and drinking doubles.
Owner
Haymarket
331 E. Market St.

Since I came down from Oregon, there's a lesson or two I've learned
Oh, oh the Pride of Cucamonga, of, of silver apples in the sun,
Yes, it's me, I'm the Pride of Cucamonga, I can see golden forests in the sun.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: DCE NEW HOURS of operation

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:54 pm

Matthew Crow wrote:Thanks for all the support over the last 18 months and here's to the next 18!

Mug raised high, Matthew. Keep up the great work!
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:58 pm

Thanks for the warning. My once a month at 9:00 am will have to be delayed 'til afternoon for beers.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:40 am

Get some sleep my friend.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:09 am

All I know is, when I ride by DCE on my bike at night, the place is jumping. You clearly deserve a few steams! :D
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY