Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Guac is back at Mojito

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Guac is back at Mojito

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:36 pm

I know there was some discussion about this recently, so I'm pleased to report that when we dropped by Mojito for lunch today, the guacamole is now on top of the list of noonday tapas. Personally, I think it's as good a guac as I ever ate, and the mandoline-sliced, grease-free fried plantain chips alongside are addictive, but it's not as innovative as the tapas Fernando Martinez added after his recent jaunts to Paris and Barcelona. But it sure is good!

Which also reminds me, it looked like half the people in that crowded place at noon today were eating the hamburguesa. Now, I'm sure it's an awesome hamburger, but really. At Mojito? A hamburger? What's up with that?

guacamole.jpg
Mojito's guacamole and plantain chips
guacamole.jpg (14.66 KiB) Viewed 1639 times
User

Tom Holstein

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:55 am

Derby City :)

Re: Guac is back at Mojito

by Tom Holstein » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:00 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I know there was some discussion about this recently, so I'm pleased to report that when we dropped by Mojito for lunch today, the guacamole is now on top of the list of noonday tapas. Personally, I think it's as good a guac as I ever ate, and the mandoline-sliced, grease-free fried plantain chips alongside are addictive, but it's not as innovative as the tapas Fernando Martinez added after his recent jaunts to Paris and Barcelona. But it sure is good!

Which also reminds me, it looked like half the people in that crowded place at noon today were eating the hamburguesa. Now, I'm sure it's an awesome hamburger, but really. At Mojito? A hamburger? What's up with that?

guacamole.jpg

Gina and I started our 5th Anniversary week celebration at Mojito earlier this week. Our server Saw (spell??) suggested we try the Guac. MAJOR GOOD TING! :D :D

I've never craved plantains but this version is FANTASTIC. Never thought I'd rave on a delivery vessel more than it's cargo. The frying brings out a subtle yet welcome sweetness. Not enough to over shadow the quacamole.

I must confess, I too ordered the hamburguesa. I was pouting that they weren't offering the Havana Rumba pressed Cubano sandwich. I order burgers out about twice a year. This one was no mistake. I was drawn to the chorizo/Angus blend and some kind of forgotten aioli. Properly delivered @ medium rare. OUTSTANDING! Think I may have been swayed by the sweet tater fries. They were accompanied by a shot glass of smoked honey elixir. Holy Cow.....er Bull.

Fernando ROCKS :D
no avatar
User

Kevin Graves

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:51 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Guac is back at Mojito

by Kevin Graves » Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:31 am

I am going to have to get back to Mojito in the next couple of weeks to try the new tapas and eat some of the fabulous guac and plaintain chips. Fernando most definitely rocks.
Kevin J. Graves