Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Columbus Suggestions?

no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

Columbus Suggestions?

by Vince Yustas » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:40 am

My lady and I are going for a long weekend in Columbus. Any suggestions, both for evening and for lunches? I have already picked up from other threads: Demitri's, BD's and Katzinger's. Thanks in advance.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."
no avatar
User

MollyCooley

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:07 pm

East End

Re: Columbus Suggestions?

by MollyCooley » Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:58 am

Rosendale's located in Short North near downtown Columbus and Rigsby's is not too far from that. I recommend Rigsby's for both and Rosendales for dinner. Both are local favorites and you can check out diner feedback ratings as well as make reservations on http://www.OpenTable.com .
no avatar
User

Jean P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 pm

by Jean P » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:53 pm

I absolutely agree about Rigsbys - its excellent.
Some of my favorites in Columbus as well as Dublin, a little historic town (just west of Columbus off of I270)

Lindey's, 169 E. Beck Street, Columbus in the German Village area. Great soups like Lobster bisque and a wonderful french onion, their house salad, and the honey glazed roasted duck with apples and polenta. Plus the German village area is a great bonus.

Barcelona Restaurant 263 E Whittier, in the German Village. Excellent small bites as well as full entrees; everything is made with the freshest ingredients - my favorites are the spiced olives, and the tapas platter with the hummus. Barcelona is a member of the Dine Originals of Columbus similar to our Louisville Originals.

Cap City Diner - one of my favorite Cameron Mitchell restaurants. They have a blue plates special daily and my favorite has to be the cola braised short ribs.

Oscar's of Dublin 84 North High Street, Dublin, 614-792-3424 - I have always had wonderful meals there and they have a great atmosphere and patio. They have great fish selections, steak , ribs and a nice wine list

Brazenhead Irish Pub 56 North High Street, Dublin , 614-792-3738. Its a fun Irish pub with really good fish and chips and irish stew plus all the beverages.

Can you tell I've spent some time in Columbus? :lol:
no avatar
User

Stacey M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:48 am

Louisville

by Stacey M » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Anyone have any recommendations for veggie-friendly restaurants in Columbus?
no avatar
User

Jean P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 pm

by Jean P » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:46 pm

Stacey M wrote:Anyone have any recommendations for veggie-friendly restaurants in Columbus?

Stacey, Rigsby's has a really nice vegetarian selection and so does Barcelona just from the appetizer menu. The only true vegetarian restaurant that I've been to in Columbus is an Indian place called the Banana Leaf that is near Ohio State. Very casual but quite good. One of my clients turned me on to them.
no avatar
User

Aaron M. Renn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 12, 2007 7:10 pm

by Aaron M. Renn » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:02 pm

The folks on the forums over at columbusunderground.com might be able to help too. I can't give dining suggestions, but for sure don't miss German Village and the Short North.
no avatar
User

Andrew Hutto

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:38 pm

by Andrew Hutto » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:41 pm

hey vince,
two thumbs up on barcelona... great food and atmosphere...
scott heimlich is the owner... he is a really good guy...
i would suggest reservations if you go there.
also, german village is about 4 times the size of downtown louisville, so be warned...
it goes on and on.
have fun.
andrew
no avatar
User

Sara Selle

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:09 pm

by Sara Selle » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:32 pm

I'm not sure how strict of a veg you are, but dragonfly neo-v is an interesting spot. The dinner we had there was quite good. It's nice to find a relatively upscale vegan place (as opposed to a health food store cafe). It's on King Ave. http://www.dragonflyneov.com/

I recommend checking out the vegan bakery Pattycake on N High. (While I would like something like this here, my figure is thankful there is not.)

There is also the veggie restaurant Whole World just down the street. I've not eaten a meal there, but their cookies are pretty good.