Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Employees for you

User

Alan Schaefer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:18 pm

Employees for you

by Alan Schaefer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:47 am

Greetings Everyone,

Currently I am temporary teaching at Prosser School of Technology in the culinary arts dept. I have some Seniors that are looking for work so they can put their talents to work. They are looking for weekend work mainly with maybe a night or two during the week. Of the students I have been talking with about employment, most are looking for something that will be long term so they can work while attending Sullivan University. Some of the students aren't going to further their career yet but are anxious to work in the industry. If you find yourself in need of some experienced part time help, please let me know and I will let the students know where to apply. I would greatly appreciate your help in getting these future chefs started and giving them the real world training that only you can provide. I don't usually make these kinds of posts, but these really are a great bunch of people and Robin graciously allowed me to offer their services in this forum. Looking forward to hearing from you, Alan.
"The more one learns the more one sees the need to learn more and that study,as well as broadening the mind of the craftsman, provides an easy way of perfecting himself in the practice of our art." Auguste Escoffier
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Employees for you

by Marsha L. » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:03 pm

I just wanted to tell the forum that we had some of the kids from Prosser intern at Jarfi's when I worked there, and they were absolutely the most eager, most respectful, fresh-faced optimists you ever want to put a spatula in the hands of. I can highly recommend them in general, even if I don't know any of the current crop personally.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
User

Alan Schaefer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:18 pm

Re: Employees for you

by Alan Schaefer » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Thanks to everyone who contacted me about needing help. My time as a temporay teacher will end on the 26th of Sept. I think we will be getting some really good future cooks and chefs in the market soon. Thanks again for your help, and thanks Robin for allowing me to post this on the site. Alan
"The more one learns the more one sees the need to learn more and that study,as well as broadening the mind of the craftsman, provides an easy way of perfecting himself in the practice of our art." Auguste Escoffier