Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lou Lou Desserts

no avatar
User

NicoleC

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Cherokee Triangle

Lou Lou Desserts

by NicoleC » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:59 pm

My daughter will be 5 tomorrow and wanted to go to Cafe Lou Lou for her birthday dinner "to get pasta". As is our tradition, we made her birthday cake (cupcakes this year) together, but I was thinking that since she'll be taking some of those in for school, maybe we could have a birthday dessert at the restaurant. What sort of desserts are regularly on the menu? Anything that would qualify as a b-day "cake"? Although we've eaten there many times, we have never gotten dessert. I've been hearing about Marsha's magic....

Watch, I'll ask this and my husband will go all traditional on me and want to come home for cake.

Thanks in advance!
no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

Re: Lou Lou Desserts

by Michele Cull » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:06 pm

My daughter will be 4 tomorrow. We will be making cupcakes tonight - yummy!
MissChele
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Nicole, I would be happy to make her her own small Lou Lou birthday cake in the morning when I get there. What flavor does she like?

Otherwise, we always have a cake on the menu and candles to present them with. As we speak I'm running specials of Lemon Sunshine and Peanut Butter cakes, plus we have a constant individual Chocolate Souffle Cake running.

But little girls also like chocolate creme brulee (menu constant). Tiramisu is on the menu, but a little "grown up", what with the espresso syrup flavor.

How about banana pudding with vanilla wafers? We have that this week (most weeks in warm weather). Then there's always sorbet. Sorbet has a tiny bit of liquor (I mean two or three tablespoons a gallon) but nothing you can taste or feel - the booze is in there to make it soft and scoopable.

But, please - since she specifically asked for Lou Lou for her birthday dinner - won't you let me make her her own cake? It'll be tiny and easy for me to accomplish, I promise.
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

NicoleC

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:09 pm

Cherokee Triangle

by NicoleC » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Marsha, You are so so sweet -- I really don't want you to go to any extra trouble. She's a big fan of chocolate and also would be happy with anything that had both Lemon and Sunshine in the name! We're looking forward to it and are so excited to soon welcome Lou Lou to the Highlands!!