Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Primo closing

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Primo closing

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:02 pm

Antonia L wrote:...
We love what Bim did with Primo. It was one of the most consistent restaurants in town - consistently great food and fantastic service. You could do it up with entrees and the whole nine yards, or have an affordable meal of pizzas and a $20 bottle of wine. We will miss doing both.

So true, Antonia. And by the way, welcome to our forum! I hope you'll stay around and join us as we talk about happier food-related things.
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:35 pm

I will be there tonight having my last meal in one of my favorite restaurants. It's going to be bittersweet.
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:31 am

An incredible loss to downtown and especially East Market Street. Good luck to Bim and the entire staff of Primo.
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

Nicholas Lynch

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:16 pm

cresent hill

by Nicholas Lynch » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:12 am

Coming back from the Oakroom to be the executive chef at Primo was quite short lived when Bim announced to all the crew that we would be closing just under two weeks from the announcement meeting. I was really hoping to bring my best to the table, already creating an intriguing fall menu that was actually approved by Bim just weeks before the closing announcement. But unfortunately things didn't work out as I had hoped, bringing me again in search of knowledge and new ideas.
I am happy to say that I've had a good friends looking out for me and giving good advice. Also I am happy to say that I'll be starting a culinary path Monday at Asiatique working under local chef's Peng S. Looi and Tuan Phan. Wish me luck on my new atmosphere. This will be my first time working with Asian cuisine especially East meets West cuisine. I am exited as well as curious.
Thanks to everyone for your support in making Primo memorable.

Nicholas O.E. Lynch
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:36 am

Best wishes in your new venture, Nicholas!

I'll say this: During its last days, Primo didn't slack off. We came in for dinner Thursday, and everything we tried was right on. This town is going to miss that place!

Nicholas Lynch wrote:Coming back from the Oakroom to be the executive chef at Primo was quite short lived when Bim announced to all the crew that we would be closing just under two weeks from the announcement meeting. I was really hoping to bring my best to the table, already creating an intriguing fall menu that was actually approved by Bim just weeks before the closing announcement. But unfortunately things didn't work out as I had hoped, bringing me again in search of knowledge and new ideas.
I am happy to say that I've had a good friends looking out for me and giving good advice. Also I am happy to say that I'll be starting a culinary path Monday at Asiatique working under local chef's Peng S. Looi and Tuan Phan. Wish me luck on my new atmosphere. This will be my first time working with Asian cuisine especially East meets West cuisine. I am exited as well as curious.
Thanks to everyone for your support in making Primo memorable.

Nicholas O.E. Lynch
no avatar
User

Amy A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:34 pm

Jeffersonville

by Amy A » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Robin, I agree. Our dinner, both last weekend and this weekend, were possibly two of the BEST meals we had ever had there. I am going to miss that place.
no avatar
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:17 am

Robin Garr wrote:So true, Antonia. And by the way, welcome to our forum! I hope you'll stay around and join us as we talk about happier food-related things.

I certainly will stay around... I used to post a little in the former forum, but never got around to registering with this fancy newer one until just recently. I'll be happy to talk about other more-pleasant things. Hopefully, we won't have to have any more topics about great restaurants closing.. but I worry, what with the economy so frighteningly bad, and now with many places taking a hit from the lost product and revenue from the power outage. :(
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:27 am

Antonia L wrote:Hopefully, we won't have to have any more topics about great restaurants closing.. but I worry, what with the economy so frighteningly bad, and now with many places taking a hit from the lost product and revenue from the power outage. :(

I totally agree, and constantly beat the drum urging forumites to dig down and find ways to treat ourselves to dinner often at our beloved local indies!

That said, at least one local restaurateur (I won't name him since it was a private conversation), told me that insurance covered most of his food losses and loss of business as well. I HOPE that this type of insurance is commonplace in the industry.
no avatar
User

Antonia L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:28 am

Cherokee Triangle

by Antonia L » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:01 am

I was hoping that was the case, re: insurance covering most of the losses, but wasn't sure.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:02 pm

Antonia L wrote:I was hoping that was the case, re: insurance covering most of the losses, but wasn't sure.

It probably depends on the individual case ... just like any other business, some folks are cautious and insure up; others figure they'd rather save money and take the risk.
no avatar
User

Andrew Hutto

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:38 pm

by Andrew Hutto » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:49 pm

hey all,
business interruption insurance is a key thing to have.... it really isn't that expensive as part of the total insurance package... but, if you do not have it, you are so screwed...
most restaurant ins. packages cover spoilage due to loss of power, but most don't cover you for lost business if you do not have that coverage...
i would encourage any restaurant owners to have a third party ( other than their ins. agent!!) double check their policy...
it is probably worth a couple hundred $$$ to have a lawyer look at it...
i hope all of our indie's survive this last wek's mess!
andrew
Previous