Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

David O.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:52 am

Louisville

Westport General Store - Excellent Experience

by David O. » Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:09 am

I saw the earlier bad experience thread and felt that I must chime in here on the excellent dinner we had this past Saturday evening at Westport General.

We arrived to be greeted by Will himself and proceeded to order (3) apps, the wontons, mini hot browns and fried green tomatoes. All of them were winners especially the fried green tomatoes with corn salsa. Definitely the best I've had here of late.

The Mrs and I both tried the strip steak with the vegetables and grits, it was cooked to a perfect medium rare, the vegetables just right (not overcooked) and the grits were creamy and delicious.

One of our party enjoyed the hot brown app so much she ordered it for her entree.

The service was great and the food arrived out of the kitchen quickly.

Now to the credit of the earlier poster, we did not try the bison steak.
David O.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Re: Westport General Store - Excellent Experience

by Will Crawford » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:27 pm

David,
Thanks for the nice words. It was pleasure to serve you and I hope that you get a chance to come back soon. We will be making some small seasonal changes to the menu very soon.

Thanks
Will Crawford