Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Westport General Store - Bad Experience

no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

Westport General Store - Bad Experience

by Eliza W » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:09 pm

I ate at Westport General Store a few weeks ago, the experience was so bad that I hesitated to post for awhile. I had the bison steak. I ordered it medium rare. When it arrived, it looked blackened on the outside. When I cut into it, there wasn't the least hint of pink. It was gray all the way through. Now, I NEVER sent food back, but this was so far from what I ordered that I did. The server looked confused, then asked me if I wanted to keep my sides. I sent them back. From the kitchen, there came loud muttering...grumble, grumble, MEDIUM RARE!, grumble, grumble. A steak reappeared a few minutes later. It was also blackened on the outside, tasting predominately of a cooking surface in dire need of cleaning, but it was medium-rare under all that char. The sides were obviously the ones I had sent back, adn they were stone cold.

The server apologized and told us that they had been slammed the previous weekend (we were the first table on a weeknight). She took five dollars off the bill. Still, given the grumbling from the kitchen, the dirty taste, and the cold sides, I don't think this was enough.
no avatar
User

Will Crawford

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Re: Westport General Store - Bad Experience

by Will Crawford » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:20 am

Eliza,
My apologies for your bad experience. I have sent you a PM as well. It is my mission to make sure your meal is the best it can be and obviously we failed you that night. The response of the server was not appropriate and your meal should have been comped. I do not think I was in that evening but I will get to the bottom of it so it never happens again.
Again please accept my apologies.

Thanks
Will Crawford