Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mojito is sublime

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:01 am

Dan Thomas wrote:One word can pretty much sum up my experience on Tuesday night. :D :D :D "WOW!!!!" :D :D :D

Concur in full. Considering the welcome arrival of both Mojito and Basa, this is one outstanding spring season on the Louisville eats beat.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

mojito!!

by Heather Y » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:06 pm

Ditto That Dan,

I was also there Tuesday night! (Sat outside) was a beautiful night.
We started with Mojito's mine traditional, and my friend had Mango
Very refreshing, I love mint in a drink, (except for Mint Juleps). I do not like those at all. The mojitos were so good we started with one, and ended with one!

Everything was delicious, and beautifully presented. Love the long luscious plaintains sticking out of the top of the Guac!

We had dessert that Fernando picked out for us, and he sent out the Flan, and the Churros! Absolutely the best!! I would have never thought to use goat cheese for a traditional Cuban cheese Flan! It worked amazingly. I loved it.

Having an advantage of living close to Holiday Manor...

I plan to go back a lot!

Thanks again Fernando and Christine!
All the best!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: mojito!!

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:10 pm

Heather Y wrote:I would have never thought to use goat cheese for a traditional Cuban cheese Flan! It worked amazingly. I loved it.

I loved it too, but the goat-cheese quality seemed very muted in ours - you really had to pay attention to pick it out from the luscious caramel. Was yours like that, Heather?
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:43 pm

what's the addy/location?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:23 pm

Brian Curl wrote:what's the addy/location?

<b>Mojito</b>
2231 Holiday Manor Center
(502) 425-0949

South end of the main building at Holiday Manor Shopping Center, where La Peche II used to be.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

by Heather Y » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:58 pm

Yes it was Robin,

I did not know it was there until I was told.... however, I did notice something was there, liked it, but could not put my finger on it.

It also helps to cut back on the sweetness that Flan can have.
I am not a big fan of REALLY sweet dessert.

I also liked the texture of this flan....again, sometimes flan can be runny, I like mine to be have a little density, and this one had it.

I was a happy camper!
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Prospect

by Heather Y » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:59 pm

BTW FERNANDO USES HALF CREAM CHEESE, AND HALF GOAT CHEESE
no avatar
User

Kim Massey

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:11 pm

Mojito Menu

by Kim Massey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:04 pm

Anyone know if there is anyway to peek at the menu before visiting?

Tahnsk
Kim
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Mojito Menu

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:15 pm

Kim Massey wrote:Anyone know if there is anyway to peek at the menu before visiting?

Do you have a fax, Kim? I have a copy of their menu here, but it's mighty long to type in.

I can give you this non-specific summary from my notes:

The menu features tapas, both hot ("calientes") and cold ("frias") along with tablas (Spanish-style snacks served on wooden cutting boards), pinchos (skewers), bocaditos (Cuban-style sandwiches) and paellas for heartier appetites. Everything but the paellas is priced under $10, with many options as low as $3.99. The paellas are $14 to $15.99 a person and must be ordered for groups of two to four; expect a 45-minute wait while it's cooked to your order.
no avatar
User

Kim Massey

{ RANK }

Just got here

Menu

by Kim Massey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:32 pm

I'd love to see a copy of the menu - thanks Robin.

Kim
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Menu

by Robin Garr » Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:51 pm

Kim Massey wrote:I'd love to see a copy of the menu

You've got it, Kim! I had to send front and back on separate calls, and I hope the avocado-green paper didn't make it hard to read.

I'll delete your fax number from your post now, before fax spammers have a chance to find it. :)
no avatar
User

Kim Massey

{ RANK }

Just got here

Menu

by Kim Massey » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:54 pm

Many thanks Robin - for both the menu and protecting my fax number!
no avatar
User

Lori R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

East End, Louisville

Mojito's

by Lori R. » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:57 pm

Just want to add my two thumbs up to the wonderful food, service, and experience we had at Mojito's recently.

First, our waitress Nadia (sp?) was an absolute joy! She was so helpful in narrowing down our decisions and explaining the dishes we had questions on. She was also just a fun, fun person!

We had the beef tenderloin skewers, sweet potatoes w/smoked honey, cheese queso, and a ham and chicken croquette. All were absolutely delicious!

Of course after reading about the goat cheese flan on this website we could not leave without giving it a try. Wow! It was incredible!

Thankfully Mojito's is just up the road from our house...so it is easy to get to for a "fix"! Cannot wait to try the paella!
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:38 pm

Thank you Dan, it means a lot coming from you. Fernando.

Lori thank you for your nice comment, I'm glad that you liked Mojito. Fernando.
no avatar
User

Lori R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:20 pm

East End, Louisville

Mojito's

by Lori R. » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:05 pm

We just got home from another excellent meal at Mojito's. Tried many new dishes, a few favorites, and again everything was excellent...including the Mojito's and the dessert martini's.

One question though...we arrived at 6:50PM and were told we would have a 30-35 minute wait. No problem...peak dinner time we understood and would wait at the bar and have a Mojito and an appetizer (there were 5 of us). However, after 50 minutes we were wondering what was up because there were 4 open tables and in walks a party of 8 and they were seated within 5-7 minutes. After asking our waitress how that happened she addressed the fact that she guessed they called ahead but also pointed out the fact that she thought the hostess was not suppose to take reservations.

So, my question is...does Mojito's take reservations? If so, for parties of how many?

It's just a matter of time until Mojito's will need to expand!
PreviousNext