Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Stone Brewing event at Flanagan's Sept. 25

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Just got this Email from the good folks at Flanagan's Ale House ...

On Thursday, Sept. 25 we have the owner of Stone Brewing Company coming in to do an event at our bar. It starts at 7:00, and they have sent me 4 draft beers you can typically only find on draft either at the brewery or on the West Coast. We will have the Double Bastard Ale, the Levitation, 12th Anniversary Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, and Russian Imperial Stout. We will also have Stone Ruination (which we can usually get here) and a variety of different bottles. We are supposed to have 5 different types of glassware to give away with the brews (hopefully it will make it onto the truck!) and tshirts for sale. Stone is one of the top craft breweries in the country, and we are really honored that they wanted to come all the way from San Diego to host an event here. I think it is going to be a great party.
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

Re: Stone Brewing event at Flanagan's Sept. 25

by Shawn Vest » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:01 am

wow

great for the hop heads

Greg Koch was at RichO's last year??

once again
louisville is a BEER town
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Roger A. Baylor

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:01 pm

New Albany

by Roger A. Baylor » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:09 pm

We hosted Greg Koch last August, and a fine time was had by all:

http://potablecurmudgeon.blogspot.com/2007/08/self-absorbed-arrogant-bastards-aplenty.html

Stone's uncompromising approach is a fitting template for NABC's forthcoming expansion. I can't make it for the event at Flanagan's because I'll be in Europe, but I hope it goes as well for them as it did for us.
Roger A. Baylor
Beer Director at Pints&union (New Albany)
Digital Editor at Food & Dining Magazine
New Albany, Indiana
User

Josh A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Paristown Point/Germantown

by Josh A » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:10 pm

I saw this on the big board at Flanagan's last night while I was eating dinner (the jambalaya special, it was very tasty.) I definitely want to try out the stouts.
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:22 am

the 12th anniversary (bitter choc oatmeal) is yummy in the bottle, i've got a 1 left over here at the CPC
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

S Cruz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:42 pm

401 East Main St. @ Slugger Field

by S Cruz » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:39 pm

The wife and I met Greg and his other at OSheas that night as well. He was pretty cool and very insightful about 'beer-culture' . We spent the better half of the time there hearing his story and plans for the future. Hats off to them. They are a very community conscious company (ccc :D ). Very inspirational.
Eat, Drink, and Be Merry.
no avatar
User

Caleb Weber

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

by Caleb Weber » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:40 am

this was awesome. i got drunk and threw up a little bit in the street. i downed double bastard, ris, and the 12th anniversarry and got the sweet glasses along wtih some breadsticks and the 12th anniversarry bbq chicken breasts with broccolis. mmmmmm.
User

Josh A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:01 pm

Paristown Point/Germantown

by Josh A » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:09 am

They ran out of the double bastard burger right before I got there :(

However I did get to try the 12th Anniversary stout and the Double Bastard, so it's all good.