Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Leann C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Highlands

Re: Football season means time for WINGS

by Leann C » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:04 am

Slightly off the original question, but we often make our own wings on the grill when we have parties. I coat them in olive oil and then coat with whatever dry spices look good. Usually Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt, garlic powder, red pepper, cumin, paprika etc. and then grill them until they are crispy. Sometimes dump sauce over them. Sometimes not. They are really easy and a bit less fattening than traditional wings.
no avatar
User

Cynthia L

by Cynthia L » Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:57 pm

The Thai wings at Dittos are not breaded, according to a bartender.
They are flavorful and perched on some real nice thin onion rings. Not too spicy since they are a "family "restaurant.
Good TV's there for game viewing too.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:37 am

I love the Thai wings at Dittos. For another change I like to go to any of the little "Chinese to go, stand up and order" restaurants around (there seems to be at last 1/2 dozen of them) and get the Asian BBQ wings. They'll vary in size from place to place from but I like the soy/plum sauce variations.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
Previous