Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Solomon Gayman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

highlands

Any advice on good restaurants in Ny (west village /soho)

by Solomon Gayman » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:37 pm

to me It is always confusing when people post questions about good places to eat in other cities. However we have great restaurants here for the size of the city so I wanted to get your advice on a great restaurant to try in Soho or East village. I will be there 4-10th of fall fashion week this thursday and want to take some friends out to eat.
no avatar
User

Mike M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:45 am

Jeffersonville

Re: Any advice on good restaurants in Ny (west village /soho)

by Mike M » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:23 am

Muhammed's Falafel, near Avenue B, in the Village was amazing, also Pizza everywhere, and little Italy is within blocks as well, Lombardi's is there, and is said to be the first pizza place in the US.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:12 pm

Little Poland, 200 2nd Ave. between 12th and 13th in the East Village. It's a dingy little place that serves authentic Polish food. Peirogies, kielbasa, stuffed cabbage and the like. Very inexpensive. It's not a place I'd take someone I was trying to impress but it's a great snapshot of New York history.
For the West Village, I like John's Pizza on Bleecker.
no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Lombardi's Pizza

Almost worth a trip to NY on its own. I'm not sure if it is in the village, but it is within walking distance.

http://www.firstpizza.com/
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Hey
Check out these little haunts!

Spotted Pig (April Bloomfield's gastropub) 314 West 11th Street

Pearl Oyster Bar- 18 Cornelia St.

Sushi Samba- don't miss this one if you like sushi! 87 7th Ave

Magnolia Bakery (for cupcake dessert) on Bleeker, and while you are there, check out a former Louisvillians shop
Satya Jewelry On Bleeker, her mother still lives here and owns Poppy Design jewelry in St. Matthews!

Here is a link for some in the West village!
http://nycblog.citysearch.com/bottomles ... index.html
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:02 pm

Palma, a great restaurant on near Cornelius and Bleeker, ask for Billy Melillo and tell him his cousin from Melillo's in Louisville sent you. Great Mediteranean food, cozy atmosphere.
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:58 am

Two of my favorites in that area are Lupa- Mario Batali's small place where they make their own sauages, salamis etc., I believe it is on Thompson Street.For casual but wonderful French try Raoul's which I think is on Grand, but I could be oh so wrong.

If you are planing a trip in the future here's link to a place opening in Nov that should inspire the pig lover in us all.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/03/dinin ... ref=slogin
no avatar
User

Caitlin McChesney

{ RANK }

Just got here

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

1804 Frankfort Ave.

by Caitlin McChesney » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:13 pm

There's a sweet little spot in Greenwich Village called Breakfast at Tiffany's. Maybe I just fell for it because of the name, but I had a fine breakfast there too.
There are all sorts of tiny Italian places that look dingy and unsuspecting all around the heart of Manhattan. It may be a crapshoot, but you may find a winner there.
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

by Dan L. » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:20 pm

On our last trip to NYC we had a wonderful greek dinner at Pylos in the East Village. The dessert was out of this world. Some sort of chocolate mousse with Uzo(sp?). They are located at 128 E 7th Street. It is a really tiny restaurant with cool atmosphere. There are terra cotta pots lining the entire ceiling. http://www.pylosrestaurant.com