Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Encore

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Encore

by Gayle DeM » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:52 am

Does anybody remember a restaurant on Main across from the Kentucky Center called Encore :?: I think there is a Mexican resaurant in its place now. It had the best crab soup. I used to order it by the quart for take home. And it had my all time favorite waiter, a guy named Mike. He also helped with makeup for one of the local high school's drama groups. Is he still around? Where?
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Re: Encore

by Leah S » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:32 am

Wasn't that the restaurant in the lower level of Actor's Theatre?
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:00 am

Yes, at one time the restaurant in the lower level of Actor's was also called Encore. But I am referring to an earlier time, maybe twelve years ago, when there was a restaurant call Encore across the street from the Kentucky Center.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:25 pm

I remember a place called Charley's in that spot. The had a great mocha daquoise. sp?
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:57 pm

The Charley's logo is still fainly visible on the side of that building.

I only remember Encore at the Actor's location. But hey, I've been wrong before. :D