Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Another small wine shop coming to Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:02 am

We walked over to Blue Dog for lattes and pain au chocolat and the NY Times this morning and noticed, walking past the new condo/retail building on Frankfort just west of there, a sign in one of the street-level retail windows that reads "Taste" Wine & Spirits, coming soon!

With The Wine Rack within walking distance on Frankfort, Gemelli not far to the north, and Old Town and the Wine Market just a quick shot over to Bardstown, there's no shortage of good wine shops in Louisville's Liberal Zone. But if this one offers a good selection and service, I expect there'll be sufficient business to accommodate it. I'm certainly ready to check it out.

From pedestrian level, by the way, I've got to credit the architects for that new structure. They made it with considerable sensitivity to the neighborhood ... it fits right in without looking like a raw scar, and almost gives the block a little feel akin to something like NYC's Upper West Side. Or a tiny, tiny little piece of it, anyway ...