Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New restaurant in Diamante

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

New restaurant in Diamante

by James Natsis » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:15 pm

I'm not sure if any one posted this yet but I drove down Bardstown Rd late this morning and saw that the old Diamante will soon become, and I'm not sure of the name because i didn't write it down, but I think "Monticello." Anybody know more about this?
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: New restaurant in Diamante

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:51 pm

James Natsis wrote:I'm not sure if any one posted this yet but I drove down Bardstown Rd late this morning and saw that the old Diamante will soon become, and I'm not sure of the name because i didn't write it down, but I think "Monticello." Anybody know more about this?

Marcellino, I believe, James. One of the partners in the group that took over the last iteration of DaVinci's and also a couple of short-lived branches.
no avatar
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:31 pm

Actually, it's Marcello's Restaurant, and they should be getting pretty close to opening (so I was told). A couple of weeks ago, they were hoping to open this weekend or soon thereafter -- haven't been by in the last few days to see if that still holds. Nice timing, as just this afternoon I finished writing it up for October's issue of The Highlander and happened to drop back by this forum after a long absence. The "new" web address being blocked at my office has really put a damper on my forum-browsing time ... :(
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:40 am

Thanks for the correction, Laura ... I needed that! Not sure how "Marcellino" got into my head. :oops:

Good to see you back! I'm sorry your company is so strict. I suppose asking the IT people to "un-block" us wouldn't be a good idea? Thought not ...

Laura SS wrote:Actually, it's Marcello's Restaurant, and they should be getting pretty close to opening (so I was told). A couple of weeks ago, they were hoping to open this weekend or soon thereafter -- haven't been by in the last few days to see if that still holds. Nice timing, as just this afternoon I finished writing it up for October's issue of The Highlander and happened to drop back by this forum after a long absence. The "new" web address being blocked at my office has really put a damper on my forum-browsing time ... :(
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:14 am

I can't get Hotbytes at Metro Governement either. The "net nanny" is very strict, it makes doing research for classes a real challenge. They block a lot of education sites. :?
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Suzi Bernert wrote:I can't get Hotbytes at Metro Governement either. The "net nanny" is very strict, it makes doing research for classes a real challenge. They block a lot of education sites. :?

Okay, at Metro Government that's an issue for me, because we're local news media and sponsor many local non-profit projects including the city's own frappin' Worldfest this weekend.

I want to talk to somebody. Other than Mayor Jerry himself, who's desk would it be best to go hammer on?

Also, can you get to LouisvilleHotBytes.com? Maybe it's either "wine" or maybe "lovers" in WineLoversPage.com that gets 'em, but that's no way to treat adults.
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:46 pm

Let me work on this on Monday ... I have a friend in a high place in the technology area (and she's a Crescent Hill resident, so you probably know her, Robin).
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:58 pm

I will try again next time I am in the office (on vacation right now). Things do change, I have had to have sites unblocked that I had been using for months and all of a sudden they are blocked. It is a hassle to get them unblocked, so I do some research at home...
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Laura SS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:26 pm

Highlands

by Laura SS » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:52 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Good to see you back! I'm sorry your company is so strict. I suppose asking the IT people to "un-block" us wouldn't be a good idea? Thought not ...

Thanks Robin, it's always a treat when I can find time to browse the latest news here. As you mentioned in your post to Suzi, it's the "wine" part that gets the site blocked -- it's blocked as Alcohol-related. Of course, the website for Java Brewing is also blocked, because it's got "brewing" in the name, despite being a local coffee shop heavily patronized by employees. :roll:

Louisvillehotbytes.com I can reach perfectly fine -- just not the forum. And can't really request its unblocking too well, since it's not really work-related. I just need to pal up with somebody in IT who's got some power ...