Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

Re: WorldFest this weekend! Who's going?

by Todd Antz » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:39 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:If anyone or anything connected with WorldFest is reading this, take note. I know that I cannot generate sponsorship dollars along the lines of A-B/InBev, but if you'd ever like to include as part of this event a beer sampling that genuinely reflects the diversity of world beer in a way analogous to the way diversity is reflected by the food and other cultural aspects on display, just let me know. I'll help for free, just so that it might be done correctly for once.

A-B is to world beer diversity what deforstation is to Amazonian flora and fauna.

I wonder if they can get a progressive distributor like River City to step up and help out with the bier garten, um I mean beer garden. Budweiser World Select ist nicht ein bier garten.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: WorldFest this weekend! Who's going?

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Roger A. Baylor wrote:If anyone or anything connected with WorldFest is reading this, take note. I know that I cannot generate sponsorship dollars along the lines of A-B/InBev, but if you'd ever like to include as part of this event a beer sampling that genuinely reflects the diversity of world beer in a way analogous to the way diversity is reflected by the food and other cultural aspects on display, just let me know. I'll help for free, just so that it might be done correctly for once.

A-B is to world beer diversity what deforstation is to Amazonian flora and fauna.

The decisions are made, presumably, at City Hall, where the OIA (Office of International ... Affairs?) organizes WorldFest. However, LouisvilleHotBytes is a substantial sponsor, and I'm generally in a position to talk to the WorldFest organizers early in the process. I'll be glad to bring this up next year.

(As an habitué of Caffe Classico, you may have more pull than you think, too. Next time you're over there, chat up Claudia.)
Previous