Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mark A.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu May 24, 2007 10:30 pm

Impellizeri's on 22 at Holiday Manor Now Open

by Mark A. » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:02 pm

This is great news !
no avatar
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Re: Impellizeri's on 22 at Holiday Manor Now Open

by Scott Hack » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:05 pm

I'll finally get to figure out what all the fuss is about :)
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:59 pm

Just back from an excellent meal at the new location. Split an antipasto salad, order of breadsticks and a large sausage & pepperoni pie amongst three of us. The breadsticks are better than Joe Bolognas in Lexington, which is high praise. The pizza was every bit as good as Bardstown Road and the service was very friendly. I didn't get a chance to ask about the new fangled oven but there was very little wait for the pizza. We will be back. A personal thank you to Wes for exceptional service at the end.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:05 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:Just back from an excellent meal at the new location. Split an antipasto salad, order of breadsticks and a large sausage & pepperoni pie amongst three of us. The breadsticks are better than Joe Bolognas in Lexington, which is high praise. The pizza was every bit as good as Bardstown Road and the service was very friendly. I didn't get a chance to ask about the new fangled oven but there was very little wait for the pizza. We will be back. A personal thank you to Wes for exceptional service at the end.

Where is it in the Manor. I was at Shiraz yesterday and didn't see it. I drove in off 22 and left onto 42.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:16 pm

You should've taken a left before you reached 42. Whatever the name of that road is that curves around to hook up with 42. On the right hand side. Still part of Holiday Manor, but they have their own parking lot, and you can see the backside of Shiraz from it.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:19 pm

Jackie R. wrote:You should've taken a left before you reached 42. Whatever the name of that road is that curves around to hook up with 42. On the right hand side. Still part of Holiday Manor, but they have their own parking lot, and you can see the backside of Shiraz from it.

Thanks. This week as I head over I'll surely know how to get there. :-)
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:21 pm

Doogy R wrote:
Ed Vermillion wrote:Just back from an excellent meal at the new location. Split an antipasto salad, order of breadsticks and a large sausage & pepperoni pie amongst three of us. The breadsticks are better than Joe Bolognas in Lexington, which is high praise. The pizza was every bit as good as Bardstown Road and the service was very friendly. I didn't get a chance to ask about the new fangled oven but there was very little wait for the pizza. We will be back. A personal thank you to Wes for exceptional service at the end.

Where is it in the Manor. I was at Shiraz yesterday and didn't see it. I drove in off 22 and left onto 42.

I think I misstated this. I arrived at Holiday Manor via 22 going West. Then, after my meal, I departed the Manor via 42 going East.
no avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:05 pm

Ed, So nice to have you and your family in. Thank you.

Doogy, It's the old Pizza Hut on 22. They call it Holiday Manor, but we are just down the street next to Valvoline Oil. I am a Doogy fan on this board, please ask for me. Would love to meet more forumites. Of course in this business Mon-Tues-Wed are the best nights to come and miss the crowd.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Doogy R » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:07 am

Wes P wrote:Ed, So nice to have you and your family in. Thank you.

Doogy, It's the old Pizza Hut on 22. They call it Holiday Manor, but we are just down the street next to Valvoline Oil. I am a Doogy fan on this board, please ask for me. Would love to meet more forumites. Of course in this business Mon-Tues-Wed are the best nights to come and miss the crowd.

Now I know zackly where to find you. I'll drop in this week and look for you.
no avatar
User

JenS

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:09 pm

by JenS » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 pm

We had dinner there with our toddlers on Friday night. We arrived around 5:00 and by the time that we left, close to 6:00, the place was packed. We had a sausage and onion thin crust pizza and it was very good. I think they were still trying to work some things out because the restaurant was freezing and the volume on the TVs kept fluctuating. Impellizeri's is a great addition to Holiday Manor.
no avatar
User

Wes P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:59 pm

Impellizzeri's Pizza

by Wes P » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:31 pm

Jen thanks for coming in. Yes after 3 days we were still trying to work some things out. Thank goodness you came early Friday because later that night some of those "bugs" really showed.
Not perfect yet but we are much closer. Thanks again.
The Original Impellizzeri's Pizza
www.impellizzeris.com