Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Classes at Campbell's for ice cream and sorbet lovers

by Marsha L. » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:33 pm

With thanks to Robin for approving this post:

If you love ice cream and sorbets, and would like to learn how to make your own, clear your evening schedule early next week. Campbell's Gourmet Cottage is offering nNot one but two classes to teach you the pros' techniques and recipes for delicious frozen desserts.

On Monday, Andrew McCabe from Le Relais will teach "Incredible Ice Cream Delights", including:

Fresh Peach Ice Cream with Poached Peaches, Local Honey and Tuile Cookie
    Goat Cheese Ice Cream with Raspberries, Fresh Figs, Butterscotch and Crepes
    Sweet Corn Ice Cream with Chocolate Bread Pudding and Blackberries

On Tuesday, August 26, yours truly will be teaching my first class at Campbell's - "Sensational Sorbets and Desserts", including:

Lemon Buttermilk Sorbet
    Berries-N-Champagne Sorbet
    Kiwi-Banana Sorbet
    Banana Frozen Yogurt
    Splendiferous Coconut Cake

Both classes begin at 6:30 on their respective nights, and the cost is $45 per person. You'll get to see us demonstrate the techniques and you'll get to taste the finished product, time-warp style :wink:

This is my first class ever at Campbell's, but if you can't make it, never fear - I have three more coming up this fall :shock:

Tuesday, September 23rd (day class): "The Best Hors D'oeuvres"

Monday, October 20th (evening class): "Soups: The Ultimate Comfort Food"

Tuesday, November 11th (day class) - This menu is yet "to be determined" - what would you guys like to learn how to make?

So...c'mon out and support your friendly forum chef-type (me! :mrgreen:). You guys, I get paid by-the-student stipend over a certain amount of students, and my boyfriend needs an iPhone for Christmas..... 8) So sign up early, and often!

You can sign up by calling Campbell's at 893-6700. The class brochure can be found here
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

Re: Classes at Campbell's for ice cream and sorbet lovers

by Jackie R. » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:36 am

How cool, Marsha! I'm looking at that soup class in October. I'll help your man communicate high class.
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:52 am

Dangit, Marsha! Now I have to choose between your class and my fantasy football draft! What to do ... what to do .... :shock:
"Save the neck for me, Clark!" - Cousin Eddie
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:27 pm

Rebecca Clark wrote:Dangit, Marsha! Now I have to choose between your class and my fantasy football draft! What to do ... what to do .... :shock:

Oh, do fantasy football and then take the hors d'oeuvres class next month. I'll be better at it by then and you won't have missed the draft - we both win!

Jackie, I look forward to the soup class! The sorbet one is turning out to be logistically problematic, 'cause I only have one ice cream maker, so it makes me a cranky chef. But I WILL find a way to make it all work, I promise any of you potential attendees! Linda B. is a big help in that department, too. :mrgreen:
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist