Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Caleb Weber

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

Re: Question on beer...

by Caleb Weber » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:57 am

Shawn Vest wrote:
Richard S. wrote:uinness in a bottle and Guinness Draught, either from a can or on tap

the guiness xxx stout (in the 12oz bottles with out the widget)
is an entirely different beer than guiness draught (can and bottles with widgets)

shawn

and i second Brad's notes about the Frederick Brewery in MD

overseas guinness is different too. i know there's one they have for africa and one for belgium. one of my friends flew back with some 'belgian' guinness and it was way more alcoholic and tasty.
no avatar
User

Scott Campbell

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:44 pm

by Scott Campbell » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:55 pm

I have a similar question: How important is cleaning the tap lines to the taste of kegged beers? I've been to a number of bars where all of the tap beers taste awful--very flat and sour--whereas they will taste fine at other bars. This rarely seems to happen at places where they really seem to know beer, such as Rich O's and brew pubs. Is this a result of "dirty" tap lines, or the carbon dioxide phenomenon?
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:51 pm

cleaning tap lines is necessary
the funk that can grow in there is astounding
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Shawn Vest wrote:cleaning tap lines is necessary
the funk that can grow in there is astounding

In a way I wish someone would tell this to the Centerplate folks at Slugger Field. On the other hand, that funk may possibly improve the character of the Bud and Bud Lite they sell ... by the end of the season, it's had a good five months to fester and ferment ... :P
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:47 pm

if only it festered in a good way, they might end up pouring something decent there

on the other hand
they should be selling some of AB's new "craft beer" products

its funny how
AB can make commercials using the simplicity of choice as their "hook" to bring craft drinkers back to AB
while simultaneously marketing their new product line focusing on the "craft beer" offerings from AB

anf if you'll notice they've finally had the guts to put the AB name on one of their craft beer offerings instead of offering it as a pseudo-brewery

BTW
the oktoberfest beers are here
ask your local suppliers or liquor stores to bring in some oktoberfest and pumpkin beers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Colin H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 01, 2007 11:28 pm

Crescent Hill

by Colin H » Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:46 pm

well your BBC might have come from a different brewer! BBC St. Matthews makes their own beer, the stuff you geton tap elsewhere and in the bottle is made over on Clay St.

...at least from what I understand.
User

Joel Halblieb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Metaphysicalcenteroftheuniverse

by Joel Halblieb » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:42 pm

Sorry to drag this thread back up it just took me some time to find this link regarding draft system pressures.

http://www.iancrockett.com/brewing/info ... ance.shtml
Previous