Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

September: Festival Season hits overdrive!

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:11 am

The greatest month for festivals is right around the corner! Summer is winding down, the State Fair ends this coming Sunday, the kids are back in school and Fall is getting ready to rev up the fireworks of changing leaves. I love September! Here are a few of the upcoming events:

August 29-30 has Worldfest down on the Belvedere.

September 6: Home of the Innocents Big ol' Backyard BBQ

Sept 5-6: The Ryder Cup Taste of Nations (anyone have the scoop on this?)

Sept. 13: Get your turtle soup jones satisfied at the Bethel-St. Paul Turtle Soup Festival in St. Matthews. Get there early!

Sept 12-14: Louisville Irish Fest on the Belvedere

Sept. 12-14: Festa Italiana at St. James Catholic Church, 1826 Edenside

Sept. 13-21: Gaslight Festival in Jeffersontown

Sept. 19: Oktoberfest at the German-American Club, 1840 Lincoln Ave.

Here is a great link for a Festival Calendar: http://www.louisvilleky.gov/communityre ... efault.htm

Our family's absolute favorite is Sept. 26, 27 & 28. The 36th Annual Morgan County Sorghum Festival in West Liberty, Ky.

http://www.cityofwestliberty.com/sorghumfestival.htm

If you have any to share, please post 'em! See you out there!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: September: Festival Season hits overdrive!

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:16 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:Sept 5-6: The Ryder Cup Taste of Nations (anyone have the scoop on this?)

I'm pretty sure I know about this ... a great meal from a team of top local chefs (reminiscent of "Dining for Dan"), maybe at Winston's if memory serves.

Pricey, and mainly, I think it's aimed primarily at Cup VIPs and dignitaries, not locals. I could be wrong about this, though.
no avatar
User

NicoleP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:44 am

by NicoleP » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:36 am

The cutest small town festival ever is the Honeyfest in Clarkson, Kentucky the weekend of September 25th. It centers around Kelley Bee Company and features cooking demos, honey judging, rides, typical carnival business and bee watching ( I seem to remember them having an observation hive there). I highly recommend it for the bee and honey obsessed.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Don't forget to the Ursuline Art Fair Sept 20-21. You'll find me and several musician friends (surprises) on the music stage from 1-2.
no avatar
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:28 pm

Speaking of Ursuline Art Fair...... Meridian is working on getting a spot as a food vendor this year!

Hope to see you all there!
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Then there's the upcoming Harvest Homecoming Festival in New Albany. Weeks long with myriad events scheduled. The only part of it I've ever been to is the Bike Tour - absolutely incredible ride. The weather is at it's absolute best every year for it. And it begins and ends right next to Huber's where they're always hopped up in high gear. Forum offline bikeride, anyone?
no avatar
User

Lori Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:49 pm

by Lori Cundiff » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:40 pm

We're looking forward to Kentucky Bourbon Festival, September 16-21 in Bardstown!