Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

Best of WLKY A List online voting

by Todd Antz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:21 am

It looks like another group in the area is doing a best-of list, and is conducting online voting. The nice thing that I have seen so far on the site and the nominees is that they for the most part are locally owned business, with a few chains thrown in, but for some of the categories, it is necessary.

They have dining broken down into a cheap-eats section as well as a Great Meals section that breaks down further to different categories. Plenty to choose from so far, but you can also nominate someone else worthy if you don't see who you want on the list.

Here is the link to go vote:

http://wlky.cityvoter.com/contests/best ... -list/1973
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: Best of WLKY A List online voting

by Ethan Ray » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:32 pm

Am I the only one who finds it particularly funny the way some of these restaurants are categorized?
(ie. Asiatique in the best 'New American' catergory)

Some restaurants just didn't fit in any other category?
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:59 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:Am I the only one who finds it particularly funny the way some of these restaurants are categorized?

At the risk of sounding snarky here, this is a promotion being run by a television station ...
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:08 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:Am I the only one who finds it particularly funny the way some of these restaurants are categorized?

At the risk of sounding snarky here, this is a promotion being run by a television station ...

point taken. :wink:
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:point taken. :wink:

Meanwhile, I registered right after I posted to you, so I could vote for some of the Good Guys too, but I'm still waiting for their confirmation. It's not in my spam folder, either. Huh.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:18 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

Meanwhile, I registered right after I posted to you, so I could vote for some of the Good Guys too, but I'm still waiting for their confirmation. It's not in my spam folder, either. Huh.

I got an email within seconds (I registered a minute ago).
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:19 pm

Having Seviche in the same voting class as Kingfish or Limestone as opposed to J. Gumbos? Some pretty bizarre pairings.

Whoever put the catagories together must limit their dining experiences to a drive through.
User

Todd Antz

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Clarksville, IN

by Todd Antz » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:47 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

It took my registration several hours to go through. I think it is being handled manually.
Keg Liquors
Keeping Kentuckiana Beer'd since 1976
http://www.kegliquors.com

617 E. Lewis & Clark Pkwy
Clarksville, IN 47129
812-283-3988

4304 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150
812-948-0444
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:58 pm

Another strange part of this poll is that a restaurant can only be in one category. Many should fit in several. Take for example Lynn's Paradise Cafe, it's in the sandwich category and thus cannot be in the breakfast category where it would probably do much better. The only good side of the poll is that you can have a restaurant added, something you can't do in most other polls. This may be why some restaurants are not in the category we would think they should be, somebody else may think differently.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:07 pm

Mark R. wrote:Another strange part of this poll is that a restaurant can only be in one category. Many should fit in several. Take for example Lynn's Paradise Cafe, it's in the sandwich category and thus cannot be in the breakfast category where it would probably do much better. The only good side of the poll is that you can have a restaurant added, something you can't do in most other polls. This may be why some restaurants are not in the category we would think they should be, somebody else may think differently.

Yeah, I would have voted Goose Creek Diner for best Southern, but Meridian Cafe got my vote for best breakfast so I couldn't vote for Goose Creek at all.

I submitted several businesses of my own...surprised they did not already have WW Cousin's, The Fishery, Butterfly Garden Cafe, Royal India, and Clothes Horse.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:19 am

Thanks for the vote Marie,

The reason why some businesses are listed, and others are not, is because the businesses list themselves, and send out messages for folks to vote. It is pretty much a business tool. See it works!

We were running neck in neck with Toast for awhile! I am not sure where we are now.

Thanks again for the nod Marie!
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:33 am

Heather Y wrote:Thanks for the vote Marie,

The reason why some businesses are listed, and others are not, is because the businesses list themselves, and send out messages for folks to vote. It is pretty much a business tool. See it works!

We were running neck in neck with Toast for awhile! I am not sure where we are now.

Thanks again for the nod Marie!

Meridian is still slightly ahead. 30% to 28% for Toast
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers