Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Cheese course

no avatar
User

Glenn G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:59 am

Cheese course

by Glenn G » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:56 pm

Who in town has the best cheese course? I have a friend coming in from out of town, and we're into cheese right now.
no avatar
User

Scott_Shreffler

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:05 pm

Re: Cheese course

by Scott_Shreffler » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:06 pm

Jack Fry's, L&N or Palermo Viejo. Palermo's has the best accoutrements, L&N's is the best presentation, JF's has a bigger portion of each. Actually, Palermo's might be the same size, but JF's cheeses rotate based on availablilty. As far as I know, Palermo's stays the same. I love all three.
Life is too short to drink cheap beer.
-Hunter S. Thompson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:48 pm

Scott_Shreffler wrote:Jack Fry's, L&N or Palermo Viejo. Palermo's has the best accoutrements, L&N's is the best presentation, JF's has a bigger portion of each. Actually, Palermo's might be the same size, but JF's cheeses rotate based on availablilty. As far as I know, Palermo's stays the same. I love all three.

Agreed on all, but I would add that unless things have changed a lot, Le Relais can always be counted on for a classic presentation of French cheeses.
no avatar
User

Leah A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:00 pm

Elizabethtown

by Leah A » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Corbett's cheese course is very nice. If you like soft cheeses you must try their Pico goat's cheese.
no avatar
User

Glenn G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:59 am

by Glenn G » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:06 am

Great! Thank you.

We're headed to Palermo Viejo.
no avatar
User

Fernando Martinez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:53 pm

by Fernando Martinez » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Our new menu at Mojito has 5 different Spanish cheeses with different accompaniments. Fernando
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:05 am

Leah A wrote:Corbett's cheese course is very nice. If you like soft cheeses you must try their Pico goat's cheese.

I was at Corbett's Monday and cannot remember the descriptions, but the cheese service looked scrumptious. Call them up and ask. Cesar knows the service very well.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.