Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Marty doesn't seem to like Cafe Perusa

no avatar
User

Brian Curl

Marty doesn't seem to like Cafe Perusa

by Brian Curl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:18 pm

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Marty doesn't seem to like Cafe Perusa

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:21 pm

Hi, Brian ... we actually covered Marty's report when it appeared in the CJ a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't think he came down on it too hard.

The recent report in LHB ane LEO was not mine but was done for me on assignment to correspondent Kevin Gibson, a good guy and good writer who's done some good restaurant work for us over the years. I won't quibble with his remarks, but I do trust them.
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

by Brian Curl » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:35 pm

Are you sure? I don't see any other review from Marty except this one which is dated yesterday. It's not the typical review, it's for the "Metromix" and it seems pretty negative to what all of the other posts on the board are saying. And I don't see in previous posts about Marty reviewing this place.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:29 pm

Brian Curl wrote:Are you sure? I don't see any other review from Marty except this one which is dated yesterday. It's not the typical review, it's for the "Metromix" and it seems pretty negative to what all of the other posts on the board are saying. And I don't see in previous posts about Marty reviewing this place.

Brian, naw, I'm not real sure ... I thought I remembered seeing that review in the Saturday CJ, but maybe I'm conflating it with some other recent CJ review of a new place. (Added: Looking back over the recent CJ reports, I guess not. Maybe I'm thinking of Jarfi's new place, which Kevin also reviewed for us.)

As for Metromix, I don't go there, and I don't go to Walmart either. Support your local eateries ... support your stores ... support your local online (and print) media!
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:22 pm

Personally, I love, love Cafe Perusa. It's everything in the LEO review and more.....

Deb
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:05 am

It turns out that Marty's Cafe Perusa review is in the CJ today. Looks like another nail in the coffin of the newspaper that they now won't wait until the print edition comes out before they put features on their website. Funny that Gannett thought so little of the Web that they didn't even have a Website until late in the game and didn't try to make it serious until just the last couple of years.