Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

Re: J-Town Lunch Spots - Need Recommendations

by Steve Shade » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:46 pm

Can't argue with any of the suggestions, but the absolute best VALUE in Jtown is Dinner Is Done. Ruckriegel (sp?) in a small shopping strip next to Walmart.

And if you like chicken livers, they have the best in town.

Chubby Rays is decent for pizza and has all you can eat pizza/pasta bar at lunch.

ROBIN ... I am not familiar with Slice of NY. Where is this?
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Steve Shade wrote:ROBIN ... I am not familiar with Slice of NY. Where is this?

Plainview, former Wood Oven/Brick Oven Pizza.

It's family owned and operated. When the teen-age boys are in charge, things can be a little weird. They're nice kids but sometimes disorganized. When Mom and Pop are around, it's smooth. :)

Pizza is NYC style, and I would compare it about even with Hero's.
no avatar
User

Rick Adams

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:56 pm

by Rick Adams » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:50 pm

It's about four miles from the heart of J-Town but don't forget Boombozz Pizza Bistro.
no avatar
User

Matt B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Louisville, KY

by Matt B » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:03 pm

Steve Shade wrote:Can't argue with any of the suggestions, but the absolute best VALUE in Jtown is Dinner Is Done. Ruckriegel (sp?) in a small shopping strip next to Walmart.

And if you like chicken livers, they have the best in town.

Chubby Rays is decent for pizza and has all you can eat pizza/pasta bar at lunch.

ROBIN ... I am not familiar with Slice of NY. Where is this?

Dinner is Done is great. I turned a few of my coworkers on to this place - Now we go once a week. You're right, the chicken livers are the best in town
no avatar
User

Jennifer M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:32 am

by Jennifer M » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:38 pm

I want to give a plug for Slice of NY because I don't hear it mentioned on the board much and I really like it. the garlic knots are great too. Everything is reasonably priced and could be a contender for the best NY style pizza in town. I haven't tried anything besides the pizza and garlic knots but they also have pasta and subs. I'd like to try the eggplant parmesan, but I just can't not order the pizza when I eat it.

I don't own it, work there, or even know any of the family. I just really like the pizza.
User

Anthony U

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:36 am

Louisville - East

by Anthony U » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:32 am

Thanks everyone - We have been to Maggie's twice now, and the food is great. Possibly one of the best fried fish plates in the city.... Great atmosphere too. I love this board! Never would have found this without you guys (and ladies). I look forward to trying the rest of the suggestions.
Previous