Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Marcello's in the Highlands

User

James L

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:49 pm

Marcello's in the Highlands

by James L » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:33 am

Does anyone know anything about the new restaurant opening up in the Highlands? It is going to be called Marcello's. All I know is what I read on another forum. I was just wondering if anyone knew more about it?
Support Louisville small business'. LouisvilleOnlineMall.com
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Marcello's in the Highlands

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:53 am

Strictly a guess here ... A fellow named Marcello was one of the participants (chef, and uncle of the two partners, I believe), at the short, ill-fated last iteration of Lentini's and its spinoffs on Baxter and out in the East End. None of those fared well. If it's the same guy, I wish him better luck.
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:48 am

Robin Garr wrote:Strictly a guess here ... A fellow named Marcello was one of the participants (chef, and uncle of the two partners, I believe), at the short, ill-fated last iteration of Lentini's and its spinoffs on Baxter and out in the East End. None of those fared well. If it's the same guy, I wish him better luck.

That is the same guy
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:12 am

Kurt R. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Strictly a guess here ... A fellow named Marcello was one of the participants (chef, and uncle of the two partners, I believe), at the short, ill-fated last iteration of Lentini's and its spinoffs on Baxter and out in the East End. None of those fared well. If it's the same guy, I wish him better luck.

That is the same guy

Where's his new place, do you know, Kurt? I thought it had been mentioned in the forum, but I couldn't pick up anything except old Lentini's posts on a search for "Marcello."
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:14 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Kurt R. wrote:

That is the same guy

Where's his new place, do you know, Kurt? I thought it had been mentioned in the forum, but I couldn't pick up anything except old Lentini's posts on a search for "Marcello."

It is in the old Diamante on Bardstown Road.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:19 am

Kurt R. wrote:It is in the old Diamante on Bardstown Road.

Right! Thanks!