Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Furlongs is coming back...

no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

Furlongs is coming back...

by Rob_DeLessio » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:36 pm

In the old Garrett's (Frank's) on Shelbyville near Hurstbourne...not sure about the location, but the eatery is awesome. It was one of my all time fave's.....that said, word is they will finally do the much needed reservation.
no avatar
User

Rob Summers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Re: Furlongs is coming back...

by Rob Summers » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:37 pm

thats a really bad location its always hard to get in and out of there.
The 'net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it.
~William Gibson
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:50 am

Rob, just for the record, Tommy Walters of Furlongs has joined the forum and has been keeping us informed about this. Here's one thread ... posted about a month ago, you may have missed it:
viewtopic.php?t=3742
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rob_DeLessio » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:49 pm

Well...my family and I dined at Furlong's "frankfort" 100's of times....my wife and I got engaged in August '03 there....we are so looking forward to the return...I simply hope they advertise enough to sustain a semi-hot location.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:34 am

Rob_DeLessio wrote:Well...my family and I dined at Furlong's "frankfort" 100's of times....my wife and I got engaged in August '03 there....we are so looking forward to the return...I simply hope they advertise enough to sustain a semi-hot location.

I do too! You've got special reasons to hold a warm place in your heart for Furlong's, Rob, but I get the impression that there's a lot of excitement about them coming back to town ... just as there was a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth when they left.

I'm not so sure that place is all that much of a "cursed" location, anyway. Langtry's was big there back in the '80s ... a Louisville branch of Lexington's Columbia steakhouse lasted there for quite a while, and Garrett's also enjoyed a long and popular run. Frank's didn't last long, but I'm guessing that was a sad case of a small family firm trying to scale up and failing.

I'd have loved to see them come back to Frankfort Avenue (hey, the old space is open!) but I'm just happy to see them back, period.
no avatar
User

Laura B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:46 am

Miami, Florida

by Laura B » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:13 pm

I'd love to see something go in where Furlongs was and Danielle's, too, but I with the ecomomy such as it is, it will probably be a long wait. Danielle's has been empty for close to two years. :(
When in doubt, add more wine.
no avatar
User

Sallie P.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:51 am

by Sallie P. » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Any news of anything taking ver the old Bazo's or soon to be old Karem's Deli and Catering on Wallace?...seems like a great location for a good restaurant...Simply Thai is always crowded and Karem's is always crowded..read where it is moving a location to be able to expand it's catering business. People in this neighborhood really support good local restaurants.
no avatar
User

Tommy Walters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Lexington

by Tommy Walters » Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:39 pm

We are closing on August 20, 2008....after we do what we need to do look for us in late October or Early November...Around Breeders Cup time........Its gonna be great.......Everyone thought our old location in Lexington had a hex on it too.....Don't worry.....We already called the Gris Gris Gods.........Giddy Up!!!!!
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rob_DeLessio » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:36 pm

sallie p. wrote:Any news of anything taking ver the old Bazo's or soon to be old Karem's Deli and Catering on Wallace?...seems like a great location for a good restaurant...Simply Thai is always crowded and Karem's is always crowded..read where it is moving a location to be able to expand it's catering business. People in this neighborhood really support good local restaurants.

I wouldn't look for anything to fill the old Bazo's or Karem's anytime soon, there are some real landlord issues, etc....

Again, back to Furlong's...I simply can't wait...
no avatar
User

Tommy Walters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:51 pm

Lexington

by Tommy Walters » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:24 pm

Rob....go to furlongs.com go to the mardi gras club join and we will let you know when the preopening party is...You will be invited!!!!!!!!!!
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Rob_DeLessio » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:06 pm

Tommy Walters wrote:Rob....go to furlongs.com go to the mardi gras club join and we will let you know when the preopening party is...You will be invited!!!!!!!!!!

Done, and thank you very, very much!!!!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:20 am

Tommy Walters wrote:Rob....go to furlongs.com go to the mardi gras club join and we will let you know when the preopening party is...You will be invited!!!!!!!!!!

Tommy, here's a hotlink to make it easier for Hotbytes folks to click right through to your site:

http://www.furlongs.com

Click the "Mardi Gras" tab right in the center under the picture of Furlongs Lexington building to get to the sign-up form for the club. :)