Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Erika's restarant

no avatar
User

Jim Geiser

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Erika's restarant

by Jim Geiser » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:55 am

My wife have visited Erika's German restaurant a couple times and enjoyed it every time. We heard from a friend that they stopped there around Christmas time and it was closed. Has it closed permanently?
Jim Geiser
no avatar
User

John Mayhugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:56 pm

by John Mayhugh » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:50 am

I had carryout from there about three weeks ago and it was open.

It's a decent place, but I really prefer the Gasthaus. The spaetzle there is as good as any I've had in Germany.
no avatar
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

Erika's vs. Gasthaus

by Lonnie Turner » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:42 pm

For our part, we give Erika's a lot more than decent rating, we are very fond of Erika's. That being said, Gasthaus are the stone rockin' daddies on German food in town and you can't get that ambience anyplace else but Disney World. They could probably open a small business selling nothing but the desserts and make a good living. But if you want to get a table right away, with or without a reservation, Erika's is the place.
no avatar
User

Barb T.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:47 pm

South End

by Barb T. » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:22 pm

:D Actually, I like Erika's as much for the food as at the Gasthaus, but the Gasthaus has better decor. If Erika's was to stay around long enough it would probably be able to move to better quarters.