Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Brunch Buffets

no avatar
User

Amy U

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:28 pm

Brunch Buffets

by Amy U » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:47 pm

I know there are plenty of topics out there that discuss different brunch options, but the information is scattered, out of date, or incomplete. My husband and I are always looking for a great brunch buffet and recently found that many of our favorites have stopped serving including 60 West (formerly Cafe Emilie) and Mojitos. We have been quite pleased with The Bristol's Sunday brunch, but were hoping to compile a more inclusive list from the forum. Please be specific if it is a menu brunch or a buffet brunch and list some of the more interesting options available (i.e. hot browns). Thanks and look forward to hearing what you all come up with from your own experiences.

To start:
The Bristol---includes delicious fried chicken, cheese grits, waffle station, and awesome array of dessert options (cheesecakes, tiramisu, etc.)
no avatar
User

Brian Curl

Re: Brunch Buffets

by Brian Curl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:24 pm

Sullivan Univ has a great brunch menu in a nice environment with very unique brunch dishes. Make reservations on Sunday or you won't get in, it's a small dining room. Oh, and get the pressed coffee, it's great. Info and menu: http://sullivan.edu/winstons/index.asp

Limestone, "Southern Sunday Brunch", haven't been but heard it's good. http://www.limestonerestaurant.com/

The Seelbach. Very good. http://www.seelbachhilton.com/hoteldining_theoakroom_sundaybrunch.html

Sure there are others.
no avatar
User

Rob Summers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:37 pm

by Rob Summers » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:07 pm

Goose Creek Diner has a buffet Brunch on Sundays only...

http://www.gcdiner.com/sundaybrunchbuffet.html
The 'net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it.
~William Gibson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:01 am

I'm looking forward to trying brunch at the new, revised Carly Rae's ... on the patio if weather permits.
User

Bill Veneman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

East End outside of the Watterson, but not afraid to travel for good grub

by Bill Veneman » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:28 am

If you don't mind the drive, Science Hill Inn in Shelbyville has a WONDERFUL brunch on Sunday.......VERY southern (country ham, grits, chicken, vegies, and bread pudding to name a few)
If life's a Banquet, what's with all the Tofu?

Cheers!

Bill V.
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:24 am

Monkey Wrench has a Sunday brunch buffet with Live Bluegrass music. It's relatively inexpensive ($11, I think). However, I have found the quality to be hit or miss depending on what time you get there.

BUT, off the subject, they have a 2 for 1 burger night (either Tuesday or Wednesday) and their burgers are AWESOME! You can take 4 people and order just one burger, get two, and feed four. But like I said, off the subject.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

by Caroline K » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:00 am

Love Monkey Wrench-we went there three times in one week last month! Great for kids-not only the food but the board games-love this place!!! :D
User

Jean P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:46 pm

by Jean P » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Limestone has a Sunday Brunch buffet which is about 16-18, if I recall correctly. It includes an omelet station. They are also having a special menu brunch for Ryder Cup which will be priced a little higher, but the normal Sunday brunch was fabulous. I didn't eat the rest of the day after having brunch there.
no avatar
User

Amy U

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:28 pm

by Amy U » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:39 pm

Thanks to all for the great suggestions! Can't wait for Sundays to come to start trying them all! :D
Keep them coming!