Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Gumbo A Go-Go

no avatar
User

Kimberly W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:22 pm

Gumbo A Go-Go

by Kimberly W » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:45 pm

The Jeffersontown location of Gumbo A Go-Go seems to have closed. There is a For Lease sign in the front yard and multiple calls to 261-7986 (their listed number) have been unanswered. Does anyone else know anything about this?

Thanks,

Kim
no avatar
User

Rob Summers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Re: Gumbo A Go-Go

by Rob Summers » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Kimberly, there is a J. Gumbo thread down a bit where this was brought up, here is the major post about your question.

Re: J. Gumbo's. Smaller portions?
by Sara S on Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:17 am

Gumbo A Go Go in J-town is closed! Sad Sad Sad day. I went by to get a bowl of drunken chicken and there are signs on the door stating the new owners of the franchise refused to honor the J-town food contracts with the original owners Billy & Jason.

Very sad...they had it out for that store from the very beginning. Because the Jtown location had a licensing agreement instead of a franchise agreement the new owners did not want to deal with "Gumbo A Go Go". In my own honest opinion...that was one of the last locations that actually served proper portions and had a great atmosphere.

The food made at the commissary IS different. They do not rough chop the veggies and by the time everything is cooked the veggies completely disappear. Everything tastes different, like its been over processed and even had somewhat of a "soapy" taste at times.

Help me to understand why the J-town location got NO support???? Why was this location just left to die?
The 'net is a waste of time, and that's exactly what's right about it.
~William Gibson