Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tuscany Italian Restaurant

no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

Tuscany Italian Restaurant

by TanyaD » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:03 am

So I went there recently with a group of friends, and I must say, they have THE BEST calamari I have ever eaten!! Light, incredibly crisp, not greasy--just really great! I highly recommend! And I had the Tuscany Burrito (which, if you are unaware, the owners are Mexican, but the chef is classically trained in Italian cooking), which was comprised of grilled chicken, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, which was then smothered with alfredo sauce and topped off with a bit of cheddar cheese. Amazingly good! I will be back!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tuscany Italian Restaurant

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:37 am

TanyaD wrote:So I went there recently with a group of friends, and I must say, they have THE BEST calamari I have ever eaten!! Light, incredibly crisp, not greasy--just really great! I highly recommend! And I had the Tuscany Burrito (which, if you are unaware, the owners are Mexican, but the chef is classically trained in Italian cooking), which was comprised of grilled chicken, onions, mushrooms, green peppers, which was then smothered with alfredo sauce and topped off with a bit of cheddar cheese. Amazingly good! I will be back!

It's a really nice place ... a little out of the way for most of us, unfortunately!
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:12 pm

Tuscany is our little Monday night secret. Son has Scouts on Monday on National Turnpike and Dad and I go out for dinner while he is there. We hit Tuscany several times a month. I love their bread, and have not had a bad meal there. It does get more and more crowded as the word spreads! :D
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:45 pm

Suzi, Tuscany is our little secret on Sunday afternoon after church! :) I love their Eggplant Parmesan and agree that their bread is wonderful. I've tried several dishes ... the Chicken Zingara is particularly tasty. The cannoli is not too shabby, either.
"Save the neck for me, Clark!" - Cousin Eddie
no avatar
User

kathy m

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:54 pm

by kathy m » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:38 am

We ate there Tuesday, and had the calamari appetizer --WOW !

It was a *huge* serving (piled high on a 9" plate) with a breading so light it hardly had a taste; all for $6.95. Next time I'm getting it as the entre :D
no avatar
User

Vince Yustas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:38 pm

Brandenburg, KY

by Vince Yustas » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:49 pm

We've eaten there three times, now. It's one of the closer ones for us, driving up 31W from Brandenburg. Each time we thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and the service was always excellent. There is a cordiality from the top down that is obvious.
Vince Yustas
Brandenburg (nee Paterson, NJ) KY
"Only a fool argues with a skunk, a mule or the cook."