Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

A night at Varanese....

User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

A night at Varanese....

by DeeDee D » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:22 am

Tonight we finally made it to Varanese and what a perfect night to go! We were seated in the outside area next to the beautiful water wall. I didn't really know what to expect being so close to the road, but with the water fall and the live jazz, road noise was not an issue at all. I ordered one of the specials, Hot Smoked Salmon linguini. It was fabulous! Hubby had the flat iron steak and was thrilled. The couple with us had the pecan mahi mahi and the other special, which was fish, but can't remember what it was. Everyone was very pleased with everything. Starters were the calamari (best ever) and the curried lamb empanadas. Both were outstanding. The night was nothing short of a well orchestrated event! The service was stellar. Point on. John himself came by and chatted with us twice while we were there, that was really nice. We felt like everyone there wanted us to have a wonderful evening and they delivered. If you have not been, I strongly urge you to go. Side note--we had reservation/time issues and they were happy to accommodate our ever changing schedule!
Realtor, Semonin Realtors
Selling homes in beautiful Indiana
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

Re: A night at Varanese....

by Stephen D » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:10 pm

On behalf of the staff, I would like to thank you for your kind words, DeeDee. The aforementioned fish was the Hawaiian snapper (Monchong,) that we source from Honolulu. Later in the evening we switched to Hawaiian Sea Bass (Maro,) but I think you were in before that.

Anyways, we certainly appreciate you giving us a try and look forward to seeing you again. Don't be a stranger!
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:38 pm

I had been meaning to post about our great Varanese experience as well. We had several out of town coworkers in last week and 8 of us had a fabulous dinner on Wednesday evening. We sat next to the waterfall and enjoyed some light jazz and great conversation. We split several of the apps - brie, calamari, crab cakes, and the mediterranean platter (YUM!). I had the lemon snapper & I tried my friends pork chops. Everything was awesome and 1/2 price wine night was an added bonus! Thanks so much to everyone at Varanese who made our guests feel right at home & for the fabulous food :)

All the best -

Michele J
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

by DeeDee D » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Stephen, Were you our waiter? His name was Stephen, actually two Stephens. If it was you, my husband asked for sweet tea and you made him a special one? That was sweet, thank you! Everyone commented on how knowledgeable you were on the menu and the specials. We can't wait to come back! We hope we are lucky enough to get you again!
Realtor, Semonin Realtors
Selling homes in beautiful Indiana
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:30 pm

if you haven't gone
you should go
the wife and i had a great time when we were there
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Jayson L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:26 am

DownTown

by Jayson L » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:29 am

I feel like Im the only one in town who has not tried out this restaurant. And being an industry pro, I feel embarrassed that I haven't. I have heard only glowing reviews. I think I may have something to celebrate this week....and will do so here.