Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Asiatique in Cincinnati

User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

Asiatique in Cincinnati

by Beth K. » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:48 pm

I don't believe this has been posted yet; pardon me if it has.

It appears that Chef Looi is opening an Asiatique in Cincinnati, set to open at the end of the year. The groundbreaking was earlier this week.
Lucky, lucky Cincinnati! Congratulations Chef and best wishes!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Asiatique in Cincinnati

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Beth K. wrote:I don't believe this has been posted yet; pardon me if it has.

It appears that Chef Looi is opening an Asiatique in Cincinnati, set to open at the end of the year. The groundbreaking was earlier this week.
Lucky, lucky Cincinnati! Congratulations Chef and best wishes!

Beth, Looi has favored us with some posts about the plans over time, but this is the first news of the actual groundbreaking, so thanks for the announcement!
no avatar
User

looi

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:23 pm

by looi » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Thank you Beth for the nice words. This has been a long time coming as the building permit application was a long drawn process. I am sure Deano can tell you all about the headaches we all go through with this process. Sometimes it is easier to open in a strip mall.

It will be a free standing building with many 'green' features located in West Chester, OH. which is right off I75N. The new entity is "Asiatique Bistro + Lounge" and will have a contemporary feel exterior and interior. It will serve modern Asian cuisine in line with Asiatique Restaurant and August Moon Chinese Bistro's menus.
User

Heather Y

{ RANK }

In Time Out Room

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Prospect

by Heather Y » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:40 pm

g-d bless all these guys who take risks! Go for it, and good luck ! Phew! I heard some major bucks were poured into the place!
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:47 am

That is great news! My husband's company is there and he's often entertaining clients. Asiatique has been one of our favorite places for years and I'm sure you will prosper in Cinci. We'll spread the word!!