Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:21 pm

Whoo Hoooo! It could be illegal to have that much fun on a Sunday!! Count me in!
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:22 pm

Ditto everyone else, sounds like great fun! Count me in.

I think Robin's idea of (him) picking some special ingredient, and having each of us bring a dish using that ingredient is BRILLIANT !(It's never too soon to start sucking-up to the judge... :wink: )

Deb
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:26 pm

there is a several million dollar liability policy regarding any specifics regarding the event.

i'll put it like this... i've been working with these guys for almost a year and i know as much as you guys do.

i say you guys pick your own secret ingredient.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:37 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:there is a several million dollar liability policy regarding any specifics regarding the event.

i'll put it like this... i've been working with these guys for almost a year and i know as much as you guys do.

According to old posts (on the former forum), the show was taped on October 17, 2006, so it's been a year and a week. Geez, seems like there would be some kind of statute of limitations on the gag order!
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:41 pm

Jay M. wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:there is a several million dollar liability policy regarding any specifics regarding the event.

According to old posts (on the former forum), the show was taped on October 17, 2006, so it's been a year and a week. Geez, seems like there would be some kind of statute of limitations on the gag order!

not if the post pre and post production have already been paid for...
FoodTV's gotta make their money back somehow, right?
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:43 pm

I'll allow myself to have some fun. Count me in.
Leah- I'm sure that even with squid your cake would be delicious.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:45 pm

Robin Garr wrote:...Or as an alternative, if that's just not going to happen, maybe we could still organize it as an "Iron Chef Potluck" and designate *some* secret ingredient that we'd all use for inspiration?

Love Ed's idea! Maybe you could break out the video camera and do a short piece announcing the secret ingredient like they do at the beginning of each episode. You could play it here. That's my favorite part of the show - so dramatic.
User

Scott Schamel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:02 am

Louisville, KY

by Scott Schamel » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:48 pm

Leah, in true Iron Chef fashion, it would have to be squid ice cream.... :lol:
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Fri Oct 26, 2007 8:04 pm

Yes, I could see that quick freeze ice cream machine in my mind's eye. It has been the downfall of many competitors. Who could forget watching the judges faces as they ate veal ice cream? blargh
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:23 pm

Deb Hall wrote:Ditto everyone else, sounds like great fun! Count me in.

I think Robin's idea of (him) picking some special ingredient, and having each of us bring a dish using that ingredient is BRILLIANT !(It's never too soon to start sucking-up to the judge... :wink: )

Deb

Forumites; your pot luck secret ingredient is:

Milk Thistle.

start cooking.
Ethan Ray

no avatar
User

C. Devlin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:42 pm

by C. Devlin » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:47 pm

Oh good call, Ethan.... Just the thing to counter a few too many glasses of wine, or the like.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:21 am

Milk thistle? :?

See, this is why Robin gets to pick the ingredient. Right? Right?
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

by GaryF » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:21 am

Or, perhaps, Horny Goatweed?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:33 am

Leah s wrote:See, this is why Robin gets to pick the ingredient. Right? Right?

Hey! I just realized! If I have to pick the ingredient, I don't get to play!? How unfair is that!?
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:44 am

Checking my cupboards I find myself fresh out of milk thistle (and barbed wire, asbestos gloves, silver bullets, holy water and.....well let's leave it at that.)

2nd the vote on Robin picking the un-secret ingredient and cooking. I didn't envision the potluck as a cooking competition as much as bringing a dish with a theme. Just pick something easily found in Louisville, Robin and we'll take it from there.

Though squid cake did sound interesting, Leah. :shock:

My bride suggested lime, which I thought was really good.
PreviousNext