Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Doughnut flavor of the day is...

by carla griffin » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:43 am

Yesterday I dropped by Small Times Bakery in Hikes Point to pick up a few goodies for my movie night with friends. While there I had to pick up a doughnut for myself. Oh my! I got a banana cream filled with a brown sugar praline/pecan topping. Fantastic! I also got a coconut cream filled doughnut that especially good because it wasn't just topped with coconut, it was rolled in coconut ! And as a bonus it was toasted coconut too! I really think think this family run bakery has raised the bar for bakeries in town.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

Re: Doughnut flavor of the day is...

by Michelle R. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:12 am

That sounds soooo good. The hubby and I have never been disappointed by anything we got there. Too bad they're closed after we leave the gym. I might treat myself once a week to a goodie.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:46 am

Michelle, where exactly is that located?
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:30 am

It's in the strip mall on Taylorsville Rd, by Breckenridge Lane. It has a Domino's, Baskin-Robbins, a gym, etc. If you go past the Baskin-Robbins, around the side, you'll see it. Unfortunately, I think they close at like 6pm during the week. The stuff is to die for!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:36 am

This place causes me a lot of trouble. My dentist is virtually next door. Do I get some of their stuff before I go or after I leave?

I have delivered cookies to the dentist on the way in to bribe him to be gentle. Doesn't work. Of course, now I have to get a doughnut for a reward for going to the dentist.

Great place .. keeps my calorie count up.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:39 am

We made it over earlier this morning and all I can say is wow! With doughnuts this delicious, one is satisfying enough. Nonetheless our eyes were too big and we took home a dozen. So, we'll be snacking on doughnuts all weeked. So far we've tried the heath longjohn, the banana cream, the key lime pie and the apple cinnasomething. Yummy! The prices are excellent too. Grand total for a dozen gourmet doughnuts and two pints of milk? Less than $9.