Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Matthew D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 am

No Longer Old Louisville

Re: Proper compensation for a waiter's "oops"

by Matthew D » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:33 pm

I've worked in the food business a wee bit, but now I'm in the teaching business. Just wrapping up a class in business writing at a local university.

You would hope the situation would be corrected on the spot. It should have been. But if she is really upset, she needs to call/write the person who has the power to correct the situation. I'd write because writing shows that I have taken the time to notify the person who has the power to care/change the situation. She should also specifically name what solution she would see to be acceptable. Include a copy of the dinner receipt with the letter, as well as the receipt for the cleaning.

I'd write the owner/proprietor if he/she is involved with the business on a daily basis, or the general manager/operating person if the owner is not involved. [Someone give me the proper terms I am looking for.]

It's sad that the customer has to go through that effort, but too often that is the case.
Thinks the frosty mug is the low point in American history.
no avatar
User

Garrett Hord

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:06 am

Louisville, KY

Re: Proper compensation for a waiter's "oops"

by Garrett Hord » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:56 pm

I had an entire order of Fettucini Ramon spilled on me a couple of years ago at The Bristol. The manager was so worried about the food on the floor and castigating the waiter that neither he or the waiter ever apologized.
foodie
Previous