Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Beer, liberal politics converge at NABC today ...

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:41 am

If you enjoy yakking about liberal politics and if you enjoy the beer and pizza at Roger Baylor's estimable New Albanian Brewing Co. (a.k.a. RichO's/Sportstime Pizza), you might enjoy dropping in on a meeting of a local leftish political conversation-and-beer club that normally meets Thursday eveningss at BBC St. Matthews.

Here's the notice I got ... depending on our schedule, Mary and I might just pop over for a pint and a little pleasurable McCain-bashing. 8) DL is a casual club, no dues, no membership, so anyone who's interested will be welcome, I'm sure.

Evening, Liberals!

Last night at DL, a group of us decided that a road trip to RichO's aka The New Albanian might be a fun way to spend a hot August afternoon.

You are all cordially invited to join us this Saturday afternoon at 2:00 for pizza and beer and some LIBERAL good fun. Help promote Democracy, one pint at a time!

(from I-265 West) Take the New Albany exit and then turn left at the stop sign onto Grantline Rd. Turn left at the traffic light next to Kroger. On your right will be RichO's--The New Albanian.

Hope to see you there!
no avatar
User

Hank Sutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Downtown Louisville

Re: Beer, liberal politics converge at NABC today ...

by Hank Sutton » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:39 pm

Robin Garr wrote:If you enjoy yakking about liberal politics and if you enjoy the beer and pizza at Roger Baylor's estimable New Albanian Brewing Co. (a.k.a. RichO's/Sportstime Pizza), you might enjoy dropping in on a meeting of a local leftish political conversation-and-beer club that normally meets Thursday evenings at BBC St. Matthews.

Here's the notice I got ... depending on our schedule, Mary and I might just pop over for a pint and a little pleasurable McCain-bashing. 8) DL is a casual club, no dues, no membership,so anyone who's interested will be welcome, I'm sure.[/b]
[/i]

Thanks, Robin. Anyone that would enjoy a liberal "support group" :mrgreen: and a lot of laughs will be welcome at Drinking Liberally. (The Louisville group is much more than the provocative name suggests.)

I will add that liberal politics is only a basis for this engaging and intelligent group of people from all walks of life with great senses of humor. There are much more conversation about beer, food, travel, work, science, music, websites, pets, gardening, and whatever other serious and ridiculous topics come up. There is no set agenda or speakers and people mostly talk and laugh about things other than politics. (Occasionally a political candidate will stop by just to shake hands, chat and have a few laughs.)
But most of the time we move around and talk and/or listen to any number of interesting conversations going on between smaller groups of people.

I now know a lot of great and humorous people that I would not have probably met otherwise during the past 3 years.
Drinking craft beer is not a requirement (other drinks and sodas are available) but it is encouraged. :wink:

DL is a very informal group that gathers at a pubs nationwide. There are no dues or membership.
More details:
http://livingliberally.org/drinking/about
Last edited by Hank Sutton on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Beer, liberal politics converge at NABC today ...

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:41 pm

Hank Sutton wrote:I have met a lot of great and humorous people that I would not have probably met otherwise during the past 3 years.

And you've met a few useless slackers like me. :D

See you in a couple hours, Hank!