Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

Re: New Cupcake shop

by Elizabeth S » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:00 pm

Aaron, great post. Some things take a bit longer to get here but they eventually do. It looks like we are finally peaking in the sushi trend that hit other cities way long ago and we are getting our Indian uptick right now. I expect, and hope, in a couple years, we will get our Korean craze.

As for cupcakes, that place is unbelievably good. DELICIOUS is all I can say. Hopefully, the cupcake fad stays a long time and I hope they can shift gears a bit if the fad dies out. I know mothers have been making cupcakes forever but that is a bit different than paying $3 for someone else to make a cupcake for you.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:36 pm

Elizabeth S wrote:Aaron, great post. Some things take a bit longer to get here but they eventually do. It looks like we are finally peaking in the sushi trend that hit other cities way long ago and we are getting our Indian uptick right now. I expect, and hope, in a couple years, we will get our Korean craze.

I don't know about a "KOREAN craze". We really don't need one. There are excellent Korean places here and have been for quite a while. Lees on Bishop Lane is my favorite. Been around a long time and a Korean lady runs it. At dinner time 80% of the customers are Asians. Never been for lunch, but probably a lot of office workers are customers.
Koreana on Preston St is very good and has a wider variety. Ariang was OK on Bardstown Rd, but not up to the other two. Have not been there in their present location.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Elizabeth S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:36 pm

St. Matthews

by Elizabeth S » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:29 am

Steve,
I guess I should have gone into more detail about what I meant about a craze. Before sushi became popular here, you could still get great sushi at places like Bonsai (I think thats the name of the place that used to be on Dutchmans) and at the place on Baxter that now houses Dublin's Cellar (I dont remember the name). Now, there are tons of great places to get sushi. A few years ago, you could only get Indian at a handful of places like Kashmir and that place in the Holiday Inn by 264 and Bardstown. Now, they are popping up all over the place. I was not trying to say there is not a good Korean presence here in the dining scene but rather saying that I hope that with an increase in popularity, the selection and choices would grow.
User

Sherry Deatrick

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:01 pm

by Sherry Deatrick » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:05 am

Wow...I just now read about this. I had been thinking of opening a cupcake shop. And they opened on my birthday. Ah well, I snoozed, I losed.

I may still open one though! There's always room for more! Sushi restaurants: case in point.
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:23 am

Aaron M. Renn wrote:I hate to be a skeptic, but the cupcake fad already came and went in bigger cities. While I'm sure the cupcakes are great, my guess is that the "cupcake shop" format is a concept with a limited shelf life. In the meantime, enjoy.

They're still hopping in some places. My step-mother runs a cupcake shop in Savannah, GA, and it's been doing consistent and growing business over 2 years.

FYI, if you're ever visiting Savannah, check out Mabel Francis Potter's Cupcake Emporium at Bull and State Streets, downtown (used to be the florist shop in Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil).
"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown
User

Brad Keeton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:04 pm

Highlands

by Brad Keeton » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:25 am

"I don't eat vegans. They're too bony."
-Alton Brown