Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

New Cupcake shop

no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

New Cupcake shop

by Caroline K » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:25 am

There is a Cupcake Shop coming soon to St. Matthews-saw a sign in the old Tiger Lilly spot! My daughter is looking forward to that one... :D She learned to ride her bike so we have been biking just about everywhere in the neighborhood.
no avatar
User

Heather L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:12 am

Re: New Cupcake shop

by Heather L » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:19 am

I wonder if it is the same AMAZING cupcakes I saw at the St. Matthews farmers market recently?!?! Yum! I love cupcakes
....And be faithful to
Local Merchants Too.
Never buy far off
What you can buy near home.....
(Wendell Berry)
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

by Robin F. » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:39 am

I think the one at the farmer's market is Patty Cakes - and the lemon is to die for!
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:48 am

Caroline K wrote:There is a Cupcake Shop coming soon to St. Matthews-saw a sign in the old Tiger Lilly spot! My daughter is looking forward to that one... :D She learned to ride her bike so we have been biking just about everywhere in the neighborhood.

So now I can get pie and ice cream for dinner and cupcakes for dessert! YAY! :P
no avatar
User

Paul W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:23 pm

highlands

by Paul W » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:16 am

where was Tiger Lilly? Sounds familiar, but i cant place it. Chenoweth Square?
no avatar
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

by Becca MacGilvray » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 am

Robin F. wrote:I think the one at the farmer's market is Patty Cakes - and the lemon is to die for!

The one at the Beargrass Christian Church Farmer's Market is Babycakes. Their web address is http://www.babycakeslouisville.com . The owner is a friend of mine and she is a great girl. She told me that they will be having PB and J cupcakes this weekend at the Market! I am definitely going to be there this weekend to try one out!
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:35 pm

Tiger Lilly was on Bauer-in the same little walk-area where Asahi and the fruit place shop is...
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:22 pm

It is actually to be called "The Cupcake Shoppe", they have a chef that will be making every single cupcake in house....I expect greatness in these ageless delights...September 12th is the tentative date for the opening.
no avatar
User

Amy U

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:28 pm

by Amy U » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:24 pm

I am happy to announce to all you cupcake lovers out there that the "The Cupcake Shoppe" on the corner of Lexington Rd. and Bauer Ave. is now OPEN!!! I drove past it last night and peered in the windows and it looks great! I cannot wait until this weekend to try one (or a few...) :D
no avatar
User

Eliza W

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:24 pm

Indian Hills

by Eliza W » Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:01 pm

This is a lovely little shop with friendly owners. The cupcakes were delicious: moist, tender but not crumbly, and with enough denseness to feel like an old-fashioned cupcakes without feeling heavy. They had a variety of flavors. The stand-our among the ones we tried was the key lime; I really liked the little dab of lime curd under the frosting.
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

by Melissa Richards-Person » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:48 pm

I'll second that. I purchased 6 for a party I was having that night, and they were terrific - moist and flavorful. Tried the key lime as well and enjoyed it, the Raspberry Swirl was equally refreshing. Also had their black and white cupcake (I forget their name) - and while they call it "milk" chocolate, let me tell you folks - it's devils food....and good devil's food at that! Love the fact that their chocolate cakes are dark and rich, not sweet. But my favorite had to be the S'mores - little chocolate truffle "surprise" in the center!

Now, I love the cupcakes from Babycakes as well, but the Cupcake Shop will give them a run for the money (and a battle on my hips!)
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:35 am

We were out biking and stopped by for a Cupcake-they were out of everything excpet Choc Mint and 24 Carrot. I picked the carrot and daughter and boyfriend picked the Choc Mint. I thought the Shoppe was decorated wonderfully and think their menu of cupcakes sound delicious-can't wait to try the Key Lime and Peanut Butter when they actually have them.

I ended up knowing the owners from Childhood and think they have a hit on their hands. Back to the cupcakes-I LOVED my Carrot! It had big chuncks of raisins/nuts/carrots and the icing was melt in your mouth. Michael liked the Mint Choc but Ava loved the icing but was not a fan of the actual cake--I think because it had more Coco than chocolate. We will be regulars and glad they are in the neighborhood!
no avatar
User

Rob_DeLessio

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:25 pm

by Rob_DeLessio » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:57 pm

I must say I was suspect at first, but these babys are awesome. I have tried the peanut butter, the blondie, the brunette, the italian creme, and a demo one yesterday the tiramisu...it was the best cupcake that i have ever had. They are also buying their coffee from Java, so everything is local.....
no avatar
User

Aaron M. Renn

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 12, 2007 7:10 pm

by Aaron M. Renn » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:10 pm

I hate to be a skeptic, but the cupcake fad already came and went in bigger cities. While I'm sure the cupcakes are great, my guess is that the "cupcake shop" format is a concept with a limited shelf life. In the meantime, enjoy.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Caroline K » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:21 am

I agree that cupcakes have been in for a very longtime-lived in NYC for over 13 years and there were some specialty shops, but I don't think it's a fad since Mom's have been making cupcakes for their kids for centuries and more the merrier-I love having a smaller option to a big piece of cake!
Next