Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Avalon - What to order?

no avatar
User

Michele Cull

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:44 am

Original Highlands

Avalon - What to order?

by Michele Cull » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:58 am

Co-workers have a business dinner tonight with a out of town client at Avalon. Neither have dined there before. Any suggestions on what to order??

Many Thanks!
MissChele
MissChele
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Avalon - What to order?

by GaryF » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:51 pm

If calories and cholesterol are not an issue, the Lobster Mac and Cheese is a great appetizer.
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:33 pm

We ate at Avalon for the first time last night and it was excellent!!! The lobster mac and cheese was fabulous--our friend, who normally won't put 2 calories in her mouth, loved it--we all got a taste. My husband really enjoyed the Lobster Bisque. I had the shrimp cocktail which was served with a wonderful "rustic" cocktail sauce--texturally like a salsa but the flavor of regular cocktail sauce. Very good. For dinner, 3 of us had the crab cake special which was very, very good. The other guest had the scallops on cheese grits which was absolutely incredible--perfectly seared scallops!!! Service was excellent. We all loved it and can't wait to go back. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
no avatar
User

Rebecca Clark

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:57 pm

by Rebecca Clark » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:06 pm

I've had the Chilean Sea Bass ... one of my favorite all-time dishes there. Scrumptious!
"Save the neck for me, Clark!" - Cousin Eddie
no avatar
User

Brand M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:59 am

by Brand M » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:20 pm

Braised Short Rib is mouth watering. It's my favorite from Avalon.
no avatar
User

Tony_S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jun 08, 2008 2:51 pm

Louisville

by Tony_S » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:58 pm

Avalon's horseradish encrusted salmon is one of the best fish dishes I've had anywhere. It's almost perfect! OK, it IS perfect.