Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Rite-Way-Bar-B-Cue House

no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

Rite-Way-Bar-B-Cue House

by Amy Hoover » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:47 pm

Anyone know anything about this place on W St Catherine? A friend brought some ribs over the other night that were out of this world. I don't know if it's a restaurant or just a take out place.

Any info?
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:28 pm

Got any more of an address?
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Rite-Way-Bar-B-Cue House.

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:41 pm

I am ALWAYS up for some good Q. Any more details available? In the meantime, I'll do some Googling.

I did the Googling and it was good. LOL. Seriously, all I found was location info. I need to go check it out, and soon.

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=i ... -Cue+House.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Address.

by Doogy R » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:46 pm

Leah s wrote:Got any more of an address?

Rite-Way-Bar-B-Cue House 1548 West Saint Catherine Street, Louisville, KY 40210
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Gary Michael

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:55 pm

Rite Way

by Gary Michael » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:25 pm

I tried Rite Way last summer after reading a piece in the CJ. Nice people, very welcoming but I found the ribs disappointing...sauce was too vinegary for my taste. The cole slaw was a vivid red color because of a "secret ingredient" (Parika, I suppose). Dining area is Spartan but enlivened by recorded gospel music. I can't tell you how to get there....neighborhood is a mix of residential and industrial with enough one-way streets and dead-ends to confuse this old man.
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:34 pm

Thanks for the info, Gary.

The reason I liked it so much was because of the vinegar style of the sauce. I love BBQ, but sometimes I get tired of the sticky sweet sauces. The sauce was fiery hot and vinegar based. It was delicious and unique. I wasn't a big fan of the slaw, but the sauce from the ribs was so good, I kept going into the kitchen to get slices of bread to dip into it.

I haven't been able to get in touch with the person who bought it for us to ask her any more details.