Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

Happy Hour at Bluegrass Brewing Company

by Becca MacGilvray » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:41 pm

Hi Everyone--Thanks to our lovely forum host for allowing me to post this bit of PR for BBC!

As of this past Monday, BBC has lowered (that's right I said Lowered!) our happy hour prices! Monday through Friday from 3-7, imperial pints are now $3 and we are offering four appetizers for $2.49 each. You can get half orders of our blue cheese bacon chips (crazy good!), fried ravioli, fried mushroom, or soft pretzel. The happy hour wings are still available as well. I am so excited about these specials because with gas prices and food prices going up, its nice to have some good news about prices going down to share. Please come in and partake of these tasty goodies and if you are sitting at the bar on a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday--say hi! I would love to meet more of you terrific forumites!

Thanks again for letting me share the news!

Becca from BBC
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Re: Happy Hour at Bluegrass Brewing Company

by JustinHammond » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:15 pm

Tried the happy hour tonight and here is my review.

Beer - Great as always
All four happy hour specials - Pretty good
Service - Great

My complaint is I didn't feel the happy hour food was a great "value".

Yes, the prices are small ($2.49), but so are the portions.

Mushrooms - 4 whole deep fried mushrooms (.62 cents for a mushroom)
Ravioli - Same deal, four ravioli

The chips and pretzel are a pretty good value.

Though not a super value, still worth the trip.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

by Becca MacGilvray » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Thanks for coming in Justin! I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. So far we have heard only great things about our new happy hour menu. Many of our regulars have started coming in to have dinner during happy hour because of the great taste, price and portion. On Tuesdays, Wort Hogs drink for cheap and one of our members calls the combo of Ravioli, a soft pretzel and an APA his "Tuesday Hoppy Meal". Thanks for coming in and enjoying the beer and food--all feedback is super appreciated!

Have a great day! Becca
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:40 pm

I had a FANTASTIC time at the BBC the other night for happy hour!!! Thanks Becca. You are my favorite bartender in this lifetime.
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:19 am

I took 3 teens to the BBC Wed night. I have been there many times over the years. My husband and I were there at the bar for many games last year and had a couple great pizzas.

Wed was a true disappointment. My daughter and I had the Margharita pizza. After two bites, I realized something was very, very wrong and so did she. It was inedible. It was doughy with a strong yeast taste and a huge amount of garlic. There was no sauce, but a slice of insipid tomato, some mozza and a drizzle of pesto. All you could taste was yeast and garlic. The server came to our table asking ..."how's the food " and turned around before we could answer! The next time we saw her was when she asked if we needed a box! Our drinks were refilled and she was very sweet..One girl had a good fish sandwich, the other had chicken strips which were large but quite greasy. I guess I should have said something, but my daughter told me not to so I packed it up and let my other daughter take a taste of it. She spit it out in the sink.

I hope you will change this pizza back to the thin crust with a hint of sauce and skip the heavy garlic!!
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

by Becca MacGilvray » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:17 am

Linda,
I am so sorry about your recent visit. Please let us know when something is not up to expectations as soon as possible so that we can rectify the situation and help you leave BBC with a smile and full belly! I hope that you will return to BBC St. Matthews and give us another try---we'll buy you a new pizza and hopefully this one will be back to the quality that you have come to expect from us. Let me know when you will be coming in and I will set it up for you! Thanks for the feedback---I know that your next visit will be much more memorable!

Becca MacGilvray
Jackie's favorite bartender :D
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:37 am

Becca...as I said, I am a patron and will be back. I just noticed a huge change in the way this pizza was prepared. I am not that sensitive to garlic, but this was over the top. My kids are horrified if I say something. I was at a restaurant in St Matthews last month and found a large wire in my dish. I wanted to say something (to let them research it) but my daughter would NOT let me do that. Kids are weird that way. I love the BBC.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:41 pm

We stopped by this past warthog night. We had all 4 $2.50 apps and a couple of the Anvil Steams. Very nice. More food than we could eat. We like the new menu and the beer has been especially good lately. Thanks Becca.
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

by Becca MacGilvray » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Thanks Ellen! It was great to see you guys!