Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Red Pepper

no avatar
User

Melissa S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:03 pm

Re: Red Pepper

by Melissa S » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:11 am

Went to Red Pepper for dinner last night. The food and service were amazing. We couldn't decide on which appetizer to order and the owner brought us out some things to sample and all were delicious...we especially liked the cold szechuan noodles. We ordered 2 specials- crispy eggplant with shredded shrimp (which was everyones favorite entree of the evening) and the bok choy. We also ordered a crispy duck, shrimp with lobster sauce, vegetable fried rice and lo mein. I can't say it enough- the food was incredible and the attentive staff made the evening so delightful. We also ordered a selection of teas- jasmine, oolong and green and all were served in beautiful teapots with tea leaves (no bags). This, in my opinion, is the best chinese restaurant in town and judging by the crowd, the word has gotten out.
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Re: Red Pepper

by Mark Head » Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:27 am

We were there Thursday night. Tried Unique Chicken Smell (what a name) and it was delicious. Cumin lamb was great as well. I honestly have not tried anything on the menu I didn't like alot. I have not tried dried pork intestines yet...I'm not sure when I'll be ready for that. The folks there are so attentive that it's a real pleasure all the way around.

I'm concerned because the place was slow. Only 4 tables the whole time we were there and no carry-outs. Go to Red Pepper tonight!
Previous