Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Top Louisville Restaurants according to Business First

by Deb Hall » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 pm

According to Business First: these five are the top restaurants in Louisville.
http://louisville.bizjournals.com/louisville/business_travel/guide/restaurants.html

Personally, i'm thrilled that Corbett, Limestone and Jact Fry's made the list but surprised about Rivue. What do you think about these recommendations for the top 5 restaurants in town ?
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Top Louisville Restaurants according to Business First

by Mark R. » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:10 pm

I completely agree with the first three choices, Corbett's, Jack Fry's and Limestone and I don't agree all with the other two choices, Rivue and Vincenzo's. They don't show the same degree of originality, service and quality that the first three do.

There are many other restaurants, Equus, Proof on Main, Primo, Z's to name a few would be much better choices for the 4th and 5th places on the list. Of course as we've demonstrated many times in this forum restaurant rankings are a very personal thing and every one's ranking is different. I'm sure some readers think that the rankings done by Business First are correct just like I think they're not.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:24 am

I'm surprised Vincenzo's still makes the list. Maybe 10 years ago. I'm a little surprised at Jack Fry's. I have heard recent comments from patrons that it is getting a little long in the tooth and could stand a little updating. I have not been in years, so bear in mind I am basing this on second hand knowledge.

Very happy to see Corbett's up on top!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:55 am

I didn't see a byline on the Web edition, but I'm assuming this list was put together by a business writer, not a restaurant expert, and may reflect the tastes of downtown business types - a couple of hot new spots, a couple of traditional establishments, but not really (with the exception of the first three) a list that "foodies" would come up with. Not to mention Proof and Primo, where in the heck is Seviche? Or 610 Magnolia? And on it goes ...
no avatar
User

Clay Cundiff

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:54 am

by Clay Cundiff » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:01 am

Where the heck is Le Relais? Or Equus? (Just because Dean has Corbett's up and running too doesn't mean Equus isn't still one of the very best in town.)
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:10 pm

I will admit I did kind of sceptically wonder if this might be an "advertising" based list, not a truly "best of" list. Call me jaded, but that is the way that several of the award for best of (eg. Bourbon awards) are largely decided...

Deb