Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ideas on spots for 20-25?

no avatar
User

JessJohnson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:57 pm

Ideas on spots for 20-25?

by JessJohnson » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:38 pm

Hoping the foodies can help out a longtime lurker on this question!

I'm hosting a meeting in town the week of October 20th, and I need to find a place for dinner on the 22nd for about two dozen people. We'd like to consider either event space (I've contacted the Ali Center, Speed Museum, etc) or a private dining room at a local restaurant. Do any of you have facilities that might accomodate our group or have ideas on a spot? I appreciate your help in advance!
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Re: Ideas on spots for 20-25?

by Marsha L. » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:50 pm

JessJohnson wrote:Hoping the foodies can help out a longtime lurker on this question!

I'm hosting a meeting in town the week of October 20th, and I need to find a place for dinner on the 22nd for about two dozen people. We'd like to consider either event space (I've contacted the Ali Center, Speed Museum, etc) or a private dining room at a local restaurant. Do any of you have facilities that might accomodate our group or have ideas on a spot? I appreciate your help in advance!

I'd like to suggest the back room at L&N Wine Bar & Bistro - holds exactly 25, I'm told - I just called there to check. They have their original chef back now, too, and the food is amazing - I just ate there recently for my birthday and was blown away! Plus, they have a great chocolate fondue dessert that's meant to be shared. For 25 people I'd order three to four fondues. (I used to work there and I used to make it, so you can trust me!) Call Nancy at 897-0070.

Also: The new and improved Jarfi's has several different rooms that lead onto one another, and I'm sure you'd be comfortable there as well. I used to work there, too!
Marsha Lynch
LEO columnist, free range cook/food writer/food stylist
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:51 pm

JessJohnson wrote:Hoping the foodies can help out a longtime lurker on this question!

In addition to the good suggestions in the previous post, a few thoughts of downtown eateries with nice private rooms:

Park Place on Main, very upscale separate room.

Proof on Main, also high-elegance in a separate room that can be made private.

Saffron's, a nice room with an old bank vault door on the side as a conversation piece. Nice people, suave service, very accessible Persian food.

Bristol Bar & Grille - Bardstown and downtown both have numerous meeting rooms; I expect the new one across in Jeffersonville does, too.

This is just a start, but I believe any of these could easily handle a group your size and give you a decent dining and service experience, too.
no avatar
User

Scott Rudd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:59 am

St. Matthews

by Scott Rudd » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:11 pm

Cafe Perusa on Taylorsville Road has a very nice room for that many. High end but very nice!
Scott W. Rudd-Restaurant Design
Chef Supply
"We Supply the Pros"
502-693-0636
no avatar
User

AmyBK

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:32 pm

Main St. days, East End nights

by AmyBK » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:33 pm

I arranged a business dinner for about 60 on Thunder Eve, at North End Cafe and it was perfect. I'm sure that 24 would be a breeze for them. Everyone I came into contact with was extremely accomodating and made my hosting duties very easy. I would definitely recommend North End.
no avatar
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

by Kurt R. » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:12 am

For Event Space you may want consider the Clifton Center.

Another thought is Melwood Arts Center
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

JessJohnson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:57 pm

by JessJohnson » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Fantastic ideas! Thank you all so much for your help. I knew I'd come to the right place. :wink:
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:42 pm

This thread prompted me to point out my thoughts on event dining. IMO, you're much better off having multiple tables of four or six instead of one big table of 25. You can't converse with those people who are more than two or three seats away, and it's much more difficult for the kitchen to time 25 orders to come out at once. Plus, it's easier for everyone to move around.
Just wanted to throw that out there. :D